Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I have turbotax Home & Business which have one free state tax, the box say I could download another state for 19.99 but when I

I have turbotax Home & Business I need another state to file by mail. how to get for 19.99

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

6 Replies

I have turbotax Home & Business which have one free state tax, the box say I could download another state for 19.99 but when I

Another state like for the same state or buy another different state?  You get one free state program Download to prepare unlimited returns in the same state.  If you need to do a different state you have to buy another state for 39.99 which can do unlimited returns in that state.

The state efile fee is only 19.99 per state.  Each state including the first one is 19.99 to efile or you can print and mail the state for free.  And if you want to have the state efile fee deducted from your federal refund there is an EXTRA 39.99 Refund Processing charge for that.

Here are some screen shots
Eukaryote86
Returning Member

You can get 5 free state filings ONLY if you print out your state return and mail it off. If ANY user wants to e-file a state return, it is $24.99 (regardless of if you're the first user).

The claims on the packaging are definitely confusing, even misleading. For the longest time, I and others thought you got one free state filing. Really it is one free state DOWNLOAD. Meaning if you download software for California state, your remaining 4 users also can download California state software for free. If you have to file in another state, then it's $44.99 for each additional state software download. Your one free state software download can be done on different devices, including tablets. Hope that helps! I made sure with a TurboTax customer service representative. 

I HAVE HOME & BUSINESS TURBOTAX. I HAVE MISSOURI AND LOUISIANA STATE RETURNS. THEY WILL BE MAILED. IS THERE ANY ADDITION AL FEE FOR THE SECONE ON E?

EbonyA
Intuit Alumni

Yes; please see the explanation from VolvoGirl above @ladydiannems4.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

i DO i BUY ANOTHER STATE

How do I buy another state in the downloaded version ?   If that is your question then when you get to the STATE tab and choose a state to work on that you don't already own the program will automatically ask you for payment. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies