turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

I have tried many times and cannot login to my account. I am ready to file my taxes else where if I can not get in to my account.

Re: I have tried many times and cannot login to my account. I am ready to file my taxes else where if I can not get in to my account.

JotikaT2
Employee Tax Expert

I have tried many times and cannot login to my account. I am ready to file my taxes else where if I can not get in to my account.

It depends.

Make sure you are logged in using the same account that you did your taxes last year. 

If you are not sure of your information used last year, see the attached Help for instructions on how to recover your login. 

Account recovery for login from prior year 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Strange. I think many of us are having the same problem: I was easily able to create a new, first-time account. I immediately tried to sign in using the username and PW that I just created and wrote down on this paper in front of me. I verified crosswalks and motorcycles, received a 6-digit code, typed it in accurately and clicked (I think) Verify to continue. My display blinked and re-drew the original sign on screen again, this time with my username filled in, waiting for the password. Fill in password, *blink*, fill in password, *blink*... infinite loop.

I downloaded a fresh new version of Firefox -- same result. HOWEVER, just now I tried to respond to this thread and was presented with the same sign in screen, and it worked, at least to allow me to comment in this forum. I don't yet know if I can now start doing my taxes or not. This may be just a forum sign in, but it does prove that I know my sign in credentials. If I can, I will return with the results. Maybe the forum is the "back door". Ha!

zedhed1256. I'm back.

After posting the above message, I cleared my cache and cookies on this new copy of Firefox, restarted my browser and still can't login to use Turbotax. Same loop. If I purposely enter a bad password, I get a different response, as I would expect. Something like, "Hmmm. That didn't work. Let's get you into your account", which identifies a password problem clearly. I also used your credential site to re-create my account to no avail.

In short, none of the suggested fixes, fix the problem many of us are having. I suspect a too busy website, which is understandable to a degree if that's the problem, but if so, the Turbotax IT dept. needs to get busy, or their supervisors need to let go of a few $$ for some bandwidth and a few more servers.

Because your site isn't working for a lot of people for at least two days now, and some of us have no other options.

JotikaT2
Employee Tax Expert

You can also ensure you are logging in using the same User ID as this could potentially be the issue.

Use the following link to see all of the user ID's linked to your account.

Accounts linked to an User ID

My problem was Linux. My bad. I thought Firefox was Firefox regardless the underlying OS. I logged in with a friend's Windows machine and the sign in worked. I then learned I needed to pay $120 to get started and opted out.  Thanks.

TheDuke

i am unable to recover my acct.

MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

For assistance with recovering your account, please complete the form in this TurboTax Help Article: Account Recovery Request for your TurboTax Account

@TheDuke

Dee3241

Cannot old in to my account. Put in authorization code.

KatrinaLO
Intuit Alumni

If you are having issues and need assistance, please contact customer support. Please see the Customer Support phone number hereIf you would like to reach out through our website, please see the TurboTax FAQ below for contact information: https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/contact/

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies