Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I have purchased TurboTax Premier from Costco for Windows/MAC. They've sent it by email, so I'd guess it's the online version? Am I able to do a Schedule F with this product? In advance, thank you!

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

6 Replies

I have purchased TurboTax Premier from Costco for Windows/MAC. They've sent it by email, so I'd guess it's the online version? Am I able to do a Schedule F with this product? In advance, thank you!

Costco only sells the TurboTax download editions of TurboTax for tax year 2023.

See this TurboTax support FAQ for installing the software on your personal computer - https://ttlc.intuit.com/turbotax-support/en-us/help-article/license-information/install-turbotax-cd-...

All the TurboTax desktop editions include the same forms, schedules and worksheets.  So Schedule F will be included in the edition you purchased.

As stated on the Costco website - https://www.costco.com/CatalogSearch?dept=All&keyword=turbotax+2023

Product download, installation, and activation requires an Intuit Account and internet connection. Product limited to one account per license code. 

You must accept the TurboTax License Agreement to use this product. Not for use by paid preparers.

Install and activate on up to five computers owned by you (at home or at work) and only to prepare, print and/or e-file your own federal and state taxes.

One State product via download is included with your TurboTax software. Availability of state forms varies by state. Forms will be downloadable to TurboTax as soon as they become available.

Oh, good.  Thank you, DoninGA!  So--is my Costco TurboTax purchase the "online" version?  --the "desktop" version?  --both?   I guess it's all online now (?) and I see it on my desktop screen, so I guess that makes it a desktop version?  Again, thanks for letting me know the Schedule F can be done with my Costco purchase of TurboTax Premier by email!  🙂

@garycarols You only have the desktop edition.

ALL downloaded programs can handle ALL tax forms available.  And you purchased the downloaded program so download the installation file and install it on your computer.  Do NOT try to use any of the TT Online versions as you will be asked to pay the TT online fee which is stupid since you already bought the superior downloaded version. 

The Download is the same as the CD.  They are both the Desktop installed program.  You need a full Windows or Mac computer to install it on.  Hopefully you picked the right download Windows or Mac.  All the CD/Download Desktop programs have the same forms so you can use any version.  You do get more help in Premier for Schedule F.

The Online version is only done by logging into a web/browser each time and doing everything online.

DESKTOP vs ONLINE

The CD/Download Desktop you buy and install the program on a full Windows or Mac computer (a desktop or laptop), which can do unlimited returns. The returns are only saved on your computer and can not be accessed from anywhere else. And not saved at Turbo Tax. So Be sure to save Frequently and make backups. You get 5 federal efile for free. In Deluxe and above you get 1 state PROGRAM download to prepare unlimited state returns (in that state). Each state return including the first one is $20 early or $25 to efile or you can print and mail the state for free.  And since you bought it at COSTCO you get a $10 rebate which will automatically be applied to the state efile fee or any other service you might add.

The Online web version is only good for one account and one return. But you can use the same email address for 5 accounts. You can log in and access your return from any computer. You only can see the forms after you pay and download the pdf.  And you might need to upgrade to a higher version to enter different kinds of income.   And you can add LIVE service or Full Service for expert help. In Online the fees are to prepare the federal and state returns (State is a separate charge) whether you efile or print and mail. Efiling is free and included.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies