Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

landerr

I have an older Apple MAC. What are the software requirements to run Turbotax Premier 2020?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

7 Replies

I have an older Apple MAC. What are the software requirements to run Turbotax Premier 2020?

2020 Desktop TurboTax

Minimum requirements for your computer

Below are the minimum requirements for TurboTax Federal 2020 software. Product activation required via Internet. Download option requires free online Intuit account.

Windows® CD/Download Products

Operating Systems

• Windows 8 or later (Windows 7 not supported)

RAM

• 2 GB or more recommended

Hard Disk Space

• 1 GB for TurboTax (plus up to 4.5 GB for Microsoft .NET 4.5.2 if not already installed)

Monitor

• 1024x768 or higher recommended

Third Party Software

• Microsoft .NET 4.5.2 (included with TurboTax Installer)

Internet Connection

• 1 Mbps modem (Broadband connection highly recommended). Required for product activation, software updates and optional online features

Printer

• Any Windows-compatible inkjet or laser printer

Administrative rights required

Mac CD/Download Products

Operating Systems

• macOS Mojave 10.14 or later

RAM

• 2 GB or more recommended

Hard Disk Space

• 1 GB for TurboTax

Monitor

• 1024x768 or higher recommended

Internet Connection

• 1 Mbps modem (Broadband connection highly recommended). Required for product activation, software updates and optional online features

Printer

• Any Macintosh-compatible inkjet or laser printer

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
landerr

Will Turbotax Premier 2020 operate with MAC OS version 10.13.6?

landerr

Will 2020 Turbotax Premier run with OS High Sierra version 10.13.6?

@landerr wrote:

Will 2020 Turbotax Premier run with OS High Sierra version 10.13.6?

No.  The minimum software requirements for the 2020 TurboTax software on a Mac is Mojave 10.14 or later

See this TurboTax support FAQ for the Mac minimum requirements - https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/system-requirements/help/minimum-system-requirements-for-turbotax-...

If you do not want to upgrade your software you can still use the TurboTax online editions - https://turbotax.intuit.com/personal-taxes/online/

If you used the TurboTax desktop editions for tax year 2019 you can transfer the 2019 tax data file to the 2020 online tax return.

See this TurboTax support FAQ for transferring tax data to the online editions - https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/entering-importing/help/how-do-i-transfer-last-year-s-return-into-...

Dorna55

I have a MAC running Mojave 10.14.6.  The above message said Turbotax Premier 2020 would work on Mojave but I just downloaded it and it is asking for Catalina.  Is there anyway around this?

10.14 is fine.   The Catalina message if you read it carefully, is a warning that *next* year for 2021 you will need 10.15 or higher.

**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**
Dorna55

Thanks.  I just tried again and this time after an update it worked.  Phew.  By next year I'll have a new computer so no problem. I'm waiting for the M1 desktops.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies