turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Can you import your spouse's info from last year if you decide to file jointly this year. We both used Turbo Tax last year filing separately.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Can you import your spouse's info from last year if you decide to file jointly this year. We both used Turbo Tax last year filing separately.

No. Turbotax will import from only one prior tax return. You can import the info from one of the returns, but you will have to enter the info from the other return manually.

View solution in original post

6 Replies

No. Turbotax will import from only one prior tax return. You can import the info from one of the returns, but you will have to enter the info from the other return manually.

So import from the return that is the most complicated or has depreciation or carryover losses or credits.

I hate to mark this answer as helpful...
user09354

I'm amazed that TTax is so unhelpful in going from joint to separate or vice versa.  Should be able to enter all data as his/hers (or his/his or hers/hers) and have TTax calculate both ways.  It's not hard, just takes a small commitment to customer service.
jp201700

TurboTax requires a re-subscribe payment (this year) to get my spouse's tax return documentation from last year. And then you don't allow account mergers for joint filing. This is basically a hostage situation.
Rixmor7

I agree.  Merging info from two returns should be a basic function of Turbo-Tax.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies