roger24148

I filed for unemployment but haven’t received any benefits yet, when do I claim them

MSCO9241

Thet are taxable in the year received

rjs

After the end of the year you will get a Form 1099-G showing the amount of unemployment that was paid to you during the year. That's what you report on your tax return for that year.

Many states do not mail out the 1099-G forms. You might have to access it on your state's unemployment web site. In January the web site should have information about how to get your 1099-G.

Unemployment compensation is taxable on your federal return.  Enter your 1099G for unemployment in Federal>Wages and Income>Unemployment

You might need to get your 1099G from the state’s unemployment site.

STATES THAT TAX UNEMPLOYMENT BENEFITS

AZ, AR, CO, CT, DE, DC, GA, HI, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, MA, ME, MD, MI, MN, MS, MO, NB, NM, NY,NC, ND, OH, OK, OR, RI, SC, UT, VT, WV, WI

Unemployment compensation is taxable on your federal return.  Enter your 1099G for unemployment in Federal>Wages and Income>Unemployment.  You might need to get your 1099G from the state’s unemployment site.

STATES THAT DO NOT  TAX UNEMPLOYMENT BENEFITS on the state return

AK, CA, FL, MT, NH, NJ, NV ,PA, SD, TN, TX, VA, WA, WY