turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

melvin_24

I don’t have a 3853 form

And I didn’t have medical
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

25 Replies
KathrynG3
Expert Alumni

I don’t have a 3853 form

If you mean that you did not have medical insurance, I recommend returning to the health care section of your tax return to double check the entries. If this form is truly not needed, then follow these steps to delete it:

• From the left menu, select Tax Tools
  • Select Tools
  • Select Delete a Form
  • Scroll to Form 3853 in the California list of forms and select Delete form

TurboTax fills in FTB Form 3853 is for Health Coverage Exemptions and Individual Shared Responsibility Penalty depending on your circumstances related to health insurance details.

For more information, see: What is the Premium Tax Credit (Related to health insurance)?

vbullara

I don’t have a 3853 form

I don't need and I deleted the form but still can't file my return. This form is available on the State site 2020 California Form 3853 Health Coverage Exemptions and Individual Shared Responsibility Penalty

So why are you holding up my filing my returns?

TerukoL
Intuit Alumni

I don’t have a 3853 form

@vbullara This is a public internet forum, so we are not able to access your TurboTax account. Just to clarify, are you receiving a message stating that you are not able to file your tax return because you need form 3853, even though you have deleted it?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I don’t have a 3853 form

I deleted form 3853 from my return however it is still popping up as a problem when I review my taxes before hitting submit. How do I get rid of it?

Cynthiad66
Expert Alumni

I don’t have a 3853 form

If you have entered information from a Form 1095A this form will not delete.  Form FTB 3853 Health Coverage Exemptions and Individual Shared Responsibility Penalty. Use Form FTB 3853 to determine if you owe an individual shared responsibility penalty or to claim exemptions from the state individual health coverage mandate on your California state tax return.

deafman12

I don’t have a 3853 form

I used a 1095-B and inputted what was required but now I'm stuck with being asked for a 3853 form right before filing my taxes....Given the answers above, I'm still lost. How am I supposed to enter a Exemption Certificate Number if I can't find one. Where am I supposed to go? Deleting a form isn't the right answer obviously but I haven't received ANY information of a 3853 form. Please explain thoroughly. 

CatinaT1
Employee Tax Expert

I don’t have a 3853 form

You do not need to enter a 1095-B, only a 1095-A.  If you entered this information into the area where it asks about a 1095-A, you will need to delete that form as well.  Once you have that deleted, you will be able to delete the 3853.

I don’t have a 3853 form

I couldnt find the form 1095-A

I don’t have a 3853 form

where you able to file yours?with the form 3853 problem?

Cynthiad66
Expert Alumni

I don’t have a 3853 form

Please provide additional details about your issue.  Do you have an issue e-filing with the form?  

I don’t have a 3853 form

I don’t have the form at all. I’ve tried deleting the form and it won’t delete. I can’t submit my taxes because it keeps saying it’s incomplete.

AmyC
Expert Alumni

I don’t have a 3853 form

Go into your California State tax section and review your healthcare answers. See 2020 California Form 3853 Health Coverage Exemptions

@k8e30

I don’t have a 3853 form

Go and double check your healthcare in the state section. Make sure you dont check the where it says califonria marcketplace because it says it will ask for a exemption code. 

Bob Ross
Returning Member

I don’t have a 3853 form

Double checked, said no I didn't recieve form, AND I deleted the form in Tax Tools and it's still a problem. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies