Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Ask the Experts All About the Refund! >> Event happening NOW!!!!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

william46

I can't submit my taxes because form 8995 is not ready yet but I don't have any business income or any need for the 8995 form. How can I get rid of this?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
MinhT1
Expert Alumni

I can't submit my taxes because form 8995 is not ready yet but I don't have any business income or any need for the 8995 form. How can I get rid of this?

This form 8995 has been transferred to your 2020 return from previous years' returns.

To delete it, please follow these steps:

• In TurboTax, open your return
  • In the left-hand column, locate Tax Tools, click on the drop-down arrow then click on Tools
  • On the Tools Center page, click on Delete a form
  • A list of forms will appear. Locate the Form 8995 and click Delete next to it.
  • On the next screen, click Delete Form
  • If you see the Form(s) Qualified Business Income ..., also delete them. 
**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

9 Replies
MinhT1
Expert Alumni

This form 8995 has been transferred to your 2020 return from previous years' returns.

To delete it, please follow these steps:

• In TurboTax, open your return
  • In the left-hand column, locate Tax Tools, click on the drop-down arrow then click on Tools
  • On the Tools Center page, click on Delete a form
  • A list of forms will appear. Locate the Form 8995 and click Delete next to it.
  • On the next screen, click Delete Form
  • If you see the Form(s) Qualified Business Income ..., also delete them. 
william46

Thank you for the information but unfortunately after completing the steps you outlined it still tells me I need form 8995. I go back to Delete Forms and it's back.  I followed your directions several times but it always tells me I need the form.  I haven't had a self owned business for years. The business I did have no longer shows up in the income section so I'm not sure why Turbo Tax would require the 8995 form.    Any other suggestions? Thanks again for your help.

william46

My bad. After trying again and this time also deleing the Qualified Business Income form as you first stated, it worked. Thank again for the help!

The fixes described here did not work for me.  I tried deleting the Form 8995, as well as the Qualified Business Income Component wkst and the Qualified Business Inc Deduction Summary.  I followed the instructions to delete these forms, and the webpage then says "Form Successfully Deleted," but then it is NOT deleted and is right back on the list when I check again.  Is there a certain order I need to delete these forms?  

From what I can tell, this was triggered by a 1099-NEC form (small amount less than $700 from a side job), which apparently triggered a 1040 form schedule C.  I do not want or need Form 8995 or the QBI deduction.  How do I get these forms off my list so that I can file?

MarilynG1
Expert Alumni

@lotts82 The Form 1099-NEC indicates that you are self-employed and generates a Schedule C in your tax return, which makes you eligible for the Qualified Business Income (QBI) deduction. 

Type '1099-nec' in the Search area, then click on 'Jump to 1099nec' and Delete your entry. 

Then delete Schedule C from your return. Type 'schedule c' in the Search area, then click on 'Jump to schedule c' and Delete any entry there. 

Re-enter your 1099-NEC. Be sure to indicate 'none of these' when types of income are shown for you to choose. 

This should send the income to the 'Other Income' category, rather than Self-Employment. 

Click this link for more detailed info on Form 1099-NEC

Thank you!  Between you and another poster, I realized that the 1099-NEC can be entered down under "Other Income."  I saw it under Self Employment income and erroneously thought that was the only place I could enter that income.  But when I looked further down, the 1099-NEC is also listed under Other Income.  I entered it there and the problem was resolved.  Whew!

d2382573

I had to delete Carryover wks form.

Bjm6

I previously had a business, but I don't have one anymore.  Last year, I couldn't figure out how to remove the form 8995, so I had to mail the form in.  This year I followed the direction in this thread and was able to remove the form 8995.  When I tried to efile , it says I can't defile without the form 8995 which I don't need.  Please help.

SForrestLO
Intuit Alumni

This Turbo Tax FAQ will show you how to delete a form. 
https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/accessing/help/how-do-i-view-and-delete-forms-in-turbotax-online/0...

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies