turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

sf2318

I can't get past the spinning blue wheel, what do I need to do? I have tried on both Chrome and Edge and I have cleared my caches and made sure that cookies are enabled

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

15 Replies
EbonyA
Intuit Alumni

I can't get past the spinning blue wheel, what do I need to do? I have tried on both Chrome and Edge and I have cleared my caches and made sure that cookies are enabled

Try deleting the cookies also, you can also attempt using a different browser other than Chrome or Edge and see if the issue still persists. Additionally, the FAQ below provides our minimum system requirements:

https://turbotax.intuit.com/personal-taxes/online/system-requirements

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
1979SE
Returning Member

"try using a different browser" Oh, two of the most popular ones don't work.  That was great R&D.  Any other inconveniences in store?  TT 2018 worked fine on IE. And 2019 doesn't. Perfect.

JakailaLO
Intuit Alumni

Please try refreshing your browser and clearing out your cookies. If that does not work, try clearing out your browser's cache. 

Please see below for information on how to delete your cookies. 

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/troubleshooting/help/how-do-i-delete-cookies/00/25978

Please see below for information on how to delete your cache.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/troubleshooting/help/how-to-clear-your-cache/00/26135

If you would like to contact customer support for additional assistance please see below. 

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/using-turbotax/help/what-is-the-turbotax-phone-number/00/25632

harryjay
Returning Member

is this how they get you to upgrade? i cannot believe how bad this service is. 

JeanneLO
Intuit Alumni

@harryjay

What issue are you having specifically that the prior recommendation did not solve? Please clarify your issue so we can help you.

I tested with both Chrome (Version 83.0.4103.116 Official Build 64-bit) and Firefox (78.0.2 64-bit) on Mac OS, and still not able to resolve the issue. The federal page keeps showing the spinning wheel. I also tried to clear cache and cookies. It doesn't help.

erotmil
Returning Member

I'm having a blue spinning wheel when trying to edit/review   wages & income / self employpent income and expense/   needs review / Vehicle    I even tried clicking the trash can to start over.  blue wheel just spins.  

the scary thing is if I click review on the main tabs then check my info it says "good to go, Ready to file" 

I guess  have no option but to file and hope it doesn't blow up somewhere else

erotmil
Returning Member

waiting for a phone call from TT now?

rob-shop

Work-Around below.

I have a brand new Windows 10 Professional Install.  Nothing else on it since I bought it just to run this program.  But apparently Intuit doesn't bother to test their products before release. You couldn't ask for a more basic product test than to install on a clean OS install and run the program.

The dots spin forever.  I finally solved it by installing Firefox and changing Windows to use Firefox as the default browser for both HTTP and HTTPS (run Firefox, it asks to be the default.  Say OK.  This brings up a Dialog box in Windows.   Use select app by protocol.  Switch HTTP and HTTPS from Edge to Firefox.)

Now starting TurboTax works.  Shame it doesn't work withe the default browser for the version of Windows they just forced me to buy to run their product.

ckrawll

Enabling 2FA (from my intuit.com account) fixed it for me. This was a solution from TurboTax support. The blue wheel still took 4-5 minutes but it eventually went through.

bricoz65

New laptop . Windows 10.  And my screen just has the rotating circle.  Clean cookies. Try another browser.   Are you kidding me. Way did I pay for this.  TurboTax.  You've lost me as a customer going forward.  Oh, had no issues taking our money. Junk

SOLVED:   Whenever this happens it ALWAYS has to do with some kind of security feature blocking a necessary file from the Inuit Servers.  The way around this is as follows:

1.  If on a mobile device, forget it.   You need to get to a desktop.

2.  Once on the desktop, make sure you are using Windows 10, not Windows 10S.   Use chrome as your browser, allow pop ups in settings and if you have any security running besides "Windows Security" that comes with the computer you must turn it off.   You may even have to uninstall it completely depending on which security brand you are using.

3.  Finally, you must be off the wifi.  Go get an ethernet cable and hook into the modum directly, ie "hard wired internet."   In certain cities, wifi/internet providers (like Cox) have a security feature installed their wifi that for some reason blocks Intuit servers.  

4.  If you cannot hard wire your computer into the modem or don't even have a computer, go to the library, log into turbo tax and file your taxes that way.

Hope this helps!

No, it's not how they get you to upgrade, because you can't even get to the payment/download page for the offline version if you can't get past the stupid blue spinning dots.

CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

You are commenting on an old thread. If you need assistance you can click here to speak with us by phone. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies