turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I bought Turbotax last November from Fall-Lantern.com. My hard drive crashed,

I bought a copy of Turbotax Premiere Federal and State 2020 last November from from Fall-Lantern online.  I was able to compute and file my taxes this spring with the software.  Unfortunately, my hard drive crashed recently, and I've had to reinstall all my software.  I re-installed Turbotax successfully, but I cannot activate the program with the license code that worked last autumn.
How can I activate my license?  I want to access my 2020 data when the time comes to buy and use the 2021 Turbotax Premiere.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

You would have to get another code from Turbo Tax.  But you might not need to install the 2020 program.  You only need the data file ending in .tax2020 to transfer into 2021 next year.  Did you have a backup of the .tax2020 file and any pdfs you made?  The  2020 program won't help you if you don't have the data file to open. 

Contact Customer Service
5am-5pm Pacific Time
Monday-Friday
https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/contact/

What is the Turbo Tax phone number
https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/using-turbotax/help/what-is-the-turbotax-phone-number/00/25632  

I do have both the Turbotax and pdf versions of the tax filing documents, so I guess that I won't worry about activating the 2020 software, and I'll live with the annoyance.  Thanks for the quick response. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies