Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

jzj8f7

I am unable to transmit file why

I received an email from TurboTax customer service on 2/11/22 saying the tax forms are ready, NC D-400 and D-400. I installed the updates and tried to e-file but got the error message.

peteyds
Returning Member

@DoninGA Thanks for the information, but I will have to wait until the Turbotax software is updated, as I have already been billed to my credit card for the option to e-file of the NC state return, which is now in limbo.

vandygirlcr
Returning Member

@DoninGA I'm getting this error:

Your transmission didn't go through

We could not e-file your return for the following reason:
Tax Year 2021 transmissions are not available.

I am able to see and download the Federal, and I can preview the NC state. I've changed browsers, and I've cleared all cookies and cache. I've already paid. What's next? 

@vandygirlcr wrote:

@DoninGA I'm getting this error:

Your transmission didn't go through

We could not e-file your return for the following reason:
Tax Year 2021 transmissions are not available.

I am able to see and download the Federal, and I can preview the NC state. I've changed browsers, and I've cleared all cookies and cache. I've already paid. What's next? 

The North Carolina Form D-400 will not be available for e-filing until 02/24/2022 so there is nothing you can do concerning the NC return until that date if you want to e-file the state return.

This does not prevent you from e-filing the federal tax return as long as all the forms included in the federal return are available for e-filing.  I posted how to e-file the federal return and change the filing status of the state return.

RWL114
Returning Member

What I can't understand is the nothing type answer from Intuit. If we get an email from them saying that the forms have been updated then pay the $20 only to find out that there's still a problem and that forms are still messed up.  Well which is it?  And there's no answer that has any substance.  Mistakes happen but they shouldn't leave us in limbo like this especially after we've paid the money to file.

Same issue with transmitting state file after I paid the $20 to file electronically. Have performed all updates.

KatrinaLO
Intuit Alumni

You may need to contact customer service directly for assistance. Please see the following information here for more details.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Now that I have already paid the $86 to file my returns, it is NOT allowing me an option to file only the Federal until the NC forms are ready.  Please let us know when this is all fixed so we can finally file and forget!

@krisallyne wrote:

Now that I have already paid the $86 to file my returns, it is NOT allowing me an option to file only the Federal until the NC forms are ready.  Please let us know when this is all fixed so we can finally file and forget!

The North Carolina Individual Income Tax Return Form D-400 is not yet available for e-filing.  It is estimated to be available on 02/24/2022

Go to this TurboTax website for North Carolina state forms availability - https://care-cdn.prodsupportsite.a.intuit.com/forms-availability/turbotax_nc_online_individual.html

If you want to e-file your federal tax return now then change how you file the NC state return.  This assumes that all of the forms and schedules included in your federal tax return are available for e-filing.

If using the TurboTax online editions click on File on the left side of the online program screen.  On Step 3 of the File section click on Start or Revisit.  Select the button File by Mail.  Then change the filing status of the state return.

After the federal return is e-filed and accepted by the IRS you can e-file the state return when it is available for e-filing.  Just use the same procedure and change the state return back to e-filing.

Thank you, that helped!  Was able to file Federal, and will now wait until NC is available to file

RWL114
Returning Member

After 2 hours of total frustration trying to talk to an actual person at Intuit, I finally got through and the Agent was very nice and said that "They actually received notification "This Morning" that NC will still not be ready for E-Filing until after February 24th.  Now this information is the same information that's been available all along.  It's obvious that the Email from Intuit saying that the NC forms were ready was an error on someone's part.  She also said that after Feb 24th that my $20 payment will be verified by entering my receipt/order number that was sent from Intuit via email. 

Anyone trying to use TurboTax free version in North Carolina?
OK so there’s a huge delay to be able to file taxes in NC (surprise surprise). There’s a form 400 that people and tax software companies are waiting on from the state. It is supposedly going to be ready Feb 24. I have used TurboTax paid software for probably a decade but am trying out the free version for myself this year. The free version REALLY tries to file both at the same time and errors out for both when you try to file both. The solution is convoluted. Go back, delete the state to start over, but here’s the kicker: real quick, before it starts to automatically attempt to import info from your federal taxes, on the left web page column, click on the file button. I got a little confused at this point as it seemed to go around in a circle when I hit the file nc by mail button, but eventually I got a confirmation that federal went through by itself.
lstromain
Returning Member

I have done the same as RFWolf and it is several days later. What is the story?

Tax Year 2021 transmissions are not available

I get exact same message and already paid state efile fee. What is problem with turbo tax this year. Very frustrating. When will it be fixed?

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies