Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

lldcooper

I am unable to transmit file why

Turbo Tax is will not file either my State (NC) or the Federal return. What do I do? 

lldcooper

I was able to file my Federal Return now and will follow up with NC Return later. 

RHNC
Level 1

Mine reads that it is up to date but I still get the message about not being able to file FEDERAL or STATE.

@RHNC wrote:

Mine reads that it is up to date but I still get the message about not being able to file FEDERAL or STATE.

The North Carolina Individual Income Tax Return Form D-400 is not yet available for e-filing.  It is estimated to be available on 02/24/2022

Go to this TurboTax website for North Carolina state forms availability - https://care-cdn.prodsupportsite.a.intuit.com/forms-availability/turbotax_nc_online_individual.html

If you want to e-file your federal tax return now then change how you file the NC state return.  This assumes that all of the forms and schedules included in your federal tax return are available for e-filing.

If using the TurboTax online editions click on File on the left side of the online program screen.  On Step 3 of the File section click on Start or Revisit.  Select the button File by Mail.  Then change the filing status of the state return.

After the federal return is e-filed and accepted by the IRS you can e-file the state return when it is available for e-filing.  Just use the same procedure and change the state return back to e-filing.

RHNC
Level 1

After going through other responses to similar issue, I was able to file Federal AFTER I unchecked State during the electronic filing pages. I will file state later.

joeyKiser

I'm also getting this same message. Whats up TurboTax .  7 years never had a problem 

joeyKiser

yeah i also have paid the fee smh

HeatherPLO
Intuit Alumni

@joeyKiser

You won't be charged again to file.  Some forms may not be available which can cause this message.  Please see the Help Article here for State Form Availability and IRS Form Availability.  

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I had the same problem.  The states are not ready to accept them yet, not until 2/28. Separate them and file federal by itself and wait until after 2/28 to file state.  Worked for me!

TurboTax is not ready to process tax year 2021 for this return

I paid for turbo tax so I could e-file (much quicker).  How can they sell ths if they are not ready to process year 2021 e-file?

What phone number did u use?

Says Turbo Tax is not ready to process Tax year 2021.  I already paid to file in NC & PA like I did last year.  Need to know when they are clearing up.  $40 and a great deal of time wasted.

I agree COMPLETELY with afloyd

Count me in on wanting to be advised also at [email address removed]

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies