Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

I am unable to transmit file why

@donib wrote:

I get exact same message and already paid state efile fee. What is problem with turbo tax this year. Very frustrating. When will it be fixed?

The North Carolina Individual Income Tax Return Form D-400 is not yet available for e-filing.  It is estimated to be available on 02/24/2022

Go to this TurboTax website for North Carolina state forms availability - https://care-cdn.prodsupportsite.a.intuit.com/forms-availability/turbotax_nc_online_individual.html

If you want to e-file your federal tax return now then change how you file the NC state return.  This assumes that all of the forms and schedules included in your federal tax return are available for e-filing.

If using the TurboTax online editions click on File on the left side of the online program screen.  On Step 3 of the File section click on Start or Revisit.  Select the button File by Mail.  Then change the filing status of the state return.

After the federal return is e-filed and accepted by the IRS you can e-file the state return when it is available for e-filing.  Just use the same procedure and change the state return back to e-filing.

This worked perfectly.  Thanks so much

llemard20

how did you remove NC from filing list?

lxndrhunt
Returning Member

Turbo tax notified me that the forms I had been waiting on to file were now ready, but when I went to file I got this notification:

Your transmission didn't go through
We could not e-file your return for the following reason:
Tax Year 2021 transmissions are not available.

I've retried a few times and had the same outcome. Can anyone help?

The NC forms are not ready for e-filing, only paper filing.  As I understand it, they should be available for e-filing on 2/24. You can still e-file Federal now.

MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

Please see the response posted above from @DoninGA regarding North Carolina's form availability. You can also view the response here

@sgarth

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I keep getting message that I 2021 Taxes can't be transmitted at this time. What is going on?

Adele7202
Returning Member

I am trying to transmit a 2021 corporate tax return and am not able to do this. Program goes back to the screen that says "we are ready to do error check". Apparently there are some software issues that need to be corrected so that we are able to efile tax returns. I have tried many times to call TurboTax about this and cannot get through to anyone.

Screenshot 2022-02-14 124705.jpg

Adele7202
Returning Member

I am using TurboTax business for a 2021 corporate tax return. It appears that the Virginia tax return cannot be efiled yet. Is this the issue? I just transmitted the federal corporate tax return and it appears that it will goe through.

MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

Yes, many states forms are not yet available in TurboTax.  If that is the case, the program will not let you e-file. You can check the status of the specific forms needed for your state in the link below. If the forms become available sooner than the currently published date, the article will be updated to provide the new availability date.

State forms availability table for TurboTax individual (personal) tax products

@Adele7202

@KATYHEIDE

@MaShey

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Same here... got an email from Turbo Tax Friday saying the NC forms WERE ready for me to file. Got back in my account over the weekend to complete the filing and I'm getting the same thing "check for updates".. my program is up-to-date (it says). It says to come here for support and that "in some cases you may need to file this return by mail - tax year 2021 transmissions are not available - turbo tax is not ready to process tax year 2021". Then WHY did I get an email saying it was and even better WHY was I charged the $20 filing fee??? If I have to mail it I expect a refund.

@cherylann71867 wrote:

Same here... got an email from Turbo Tax Friday saying the NC forms WERE ready for me to file. Got back in my account over the weekend to complete the filing and I'm getting the same thing "check for updates".. my program is up-to-date (it says). It says to come here for support and that "in some cases you may need to file this return by mail - tax year 2021 transmissions are not available - turbo tax is not ready to process tax year 2021". Then WHY did I get an email saying it was and even better WHY was I charged the $20 filing fee??? If I have to mail it I expect a refund.

See this TurboTax support FAQ for North Carolina tax return transmissions - https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/tax-return/help/why-am-i-receiving-an-error-message-when-i-try-to-...

The North Carolina Individual Income Tax Return Form D-400 is not yet available for e-filing.  It is estimated to be available on 02/24/2022

Go to this TurboTax website for North Carolina state forms availability - https://care-cdn.prodsupportsite.a.intuit.com/forms-availability/turbotax_nc_online_individual.html

If you want to e-file your federal tax return now then change how you file the NC state return.  This assumes that all of the forms and schedules included in your federal tax return are available for e-filing.

If using the TurboTax online editions click on File on the left side of the online program screen.  On Step 3 of the File section click on Start or Revisit.  Select the button File by Mail.  Then change the filing status of the state return.

After the federal return is e-filed and accepted by the IRS you can e-file the state return when it is available for e-filing.  Just use the same procedure and change the state return back to e-filing.

I already filed my Federal return a couple of weeks ago without issue. I guess my complaint is that I was notified that the forms were ready, my money was taken and I can't file. 

rbcf1943

Where can we get the update?

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies