turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

casmierceo
Returning Member

I am trying to find out if i am qualified for a stimulus check. So i did check the box for “someone CAN” claim me as a dependent. But I am not claimed as a dependent. So i should qualify for

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

6 Replies
DianeC958
Expert Alumni

I am trying to find out if i am qualified for a stimulus check. So i did check the box for “someone CAN” claim me as a dependent. But I am not claimed as a dependent. So i should qualify for

If you meet the requirements to be claimed as a dependent, even though you were not claimed as a dependent, you do not qualify for a Stimulus Payment.

Economic Impact Payment Information Center

@casmierceo

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
casmierceo
Returning Member

Thank you Diane. How about this, what if lets say i listed that i meet the requirements but i actually do not, can i change anything? so the thing is, my dad hasn’t claimed me as a dependent in about 6 years since ive graduated college. and when i file my taxes i honestly just never changed the box that said i can be claimed. i pretty much has always kept the same information and only changer my job status if that changed. So essentially I do not live with him, so that would have really been the only reason for him to claim me if he wanted but he didnt and i do not. so its probably too late then to change anything? Thank you again for your answer!

MinhT1
Expert Alumni

If no one can claim you as a dependent, you'll need to amend your 2019 tax return in order to be eligible for the stimulus payment.

To amend your return, please follow the instructions in this TurboTax Help topic.

casmierceo
Returning Member

Thank you so much, i read another thread someone hd the same issue. pretty much i do no qualify as a dependent so i need to amend  my tax return. Thank you for all of the help, this should fix my issue.

casmierceo
Returning Member

One more question. I just amended my returns. So i have the PDF file saved, I just need to print it out and send it in is all? And if you wouldn’t mind can you provide the Address? i get weird about important documents and sending it to the wrong place. Thank you!

JulieS
Employee Tax Expert

Yes, you just print it out, sign the bottom of page 2 and mail it in. Only the two pages of Form 1040X are required.

The mailing address varies with the state in which you live. Please use the link below to get the proper address for your state.

Click here.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies