turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I am trying to e-file my Federal and State tax and when I enter the billing information the screen does not go to the payment information. I need help. Is anyone there?

I am trying to pay by credit card. Can you help me?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

56 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am trying to e-file my Federal and State tax and when I enter the billing information the screen does not go to the payment information. I need help. Is anyone there?

Are you trying to pay TurboTax or enter your payment information for federal and state taxes?

Try refreshing the page and perhaps clearing your cache and cookies.

Screen locks up and cannot  continue with E-File.  Wants me to pay for state e-file

HeatherPLO
Intuit Alumni

Try this and see if this clears the issue for you.  Please log completely out of TurboTax.  Then, in your browser, please clear your cache and delete your cookies.  After this, close completely out of the browser.  Re-open everything including logging back into TurboTax.  Also, you can try completing your return in a different browser as well.  

For further instructions on how to clear cache and delete cookies, please see the links below:

Clear Cache

Delete Cookies

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Lynncand

If you are wanting to efile both federal and state, you will need to pay the filing feel (federal efile is free with Turbo Tax, but there is a fee to file your state return).  If you want to pay with a credit card (rather than the more expensive option of having the filing fee deducted from your federal refund, assuming there is one), you will be routed to a payment screen to enter your credit card information.  Hope this helps.

thatchjl

enter the 25.00 payment for efile state tax

I am trying to pay my state e-file fee with a credit card and when I fill in all of the credit card information it says it cannot accept this card information, check acct #, expiration date, etc. I've used 2 different cards and says the same thing. Has this happened to anyone else? Thanks.

HeatherPLO
Intuit Alumni

Try this and see if this clears the issue for you.  Please log completely out of TurboTax.  Then, in your browser, please clear your cache and delete your cookies.  After this, close completely out of the browser.  Re-open everything including logging back into TurboTax.  Also, you can try completing your return in a different browser as well.  

For further instructions on how to clear cache and delete cookies, please see the links below:

Clear Cache

Delete Cookies

ole4cetz1

I have emptied cache and cookies and used another browser and Turbo Tax will not accept any credit card for payment. Says info is not correct. I have tried multiple credit cards.

HeatherPLO
Intuit Alumni

What address are you using?  You will have to ensure you are utilizing a US address for your credit cards. 

For more details on this error, please see the Help Article here.  

I have tried all suggestions including those in the HELP Article. when mentioning a US address for my credit cards are you talking about my home address? The addresses for all credit cars are only in CA, USA. I feel like I'm being forced to upgrade to TurboTax Premium to allow the $25 E-File state tax fee to be taken out of my Federal taxes. I don't want to do this. And I don't want to print out my state tax form as it is over 50 pages. I have used TurboTax for many years and have never had this problem. Can I call someone and give them my card information over the phone?
Thank you
NashayLO
Intuit Alumni

@ole4cetz Please contact us by phone for further assistance, What is the TurboTax phone number?

Wayne44

I got as far as the billing address screen and then it would do nothing. There was no enter button, no forward or backward arrow nothing. It just stopped. I was not able to get to the screen that asked for credit card info.

DianeW777
Expert Alumni

Please use the following information to contact us and move forward.

1. Click or tap here to go to our Contact us page.
  2. Select your product (CD/Download Mac or CD/Download Windows, or Online), your edition (Basic, Deluxe, etc.), ask your question, then select Continue.
  3. On the following screen, enter your contact info, then select Get the phone number.

The above is the best and most efficient way for you to connect with the right person so that you can get the help you need. But if you still require assistance, you can contact us on (800) 446-8848.

For more information please click the link: What is the TurboTax phone number?

Yes, I want to e-file my tax returns but can't because I can't figure out how to pay for filing my California tax return.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies