Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I am trying to decide which TurboTax version to buy. I own a home, have a job and have investments with Chase

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

6 Replies
Kat
Level 15
Level 15

I am trying to decide which TurboTax version to buy. I own a home, have a job and have investments with Chase

Your post indicates that you're using TurboTax Premier Online.  The Premier Edition will handle all of the situations that you've indicated.  

*** I am NOT a tax expert. I am a seasoned TurboTax user, and volunteer to provide assistance to TT users. Nothing I post is to be considered TAX ADVICE; I bear no legal liability for responses.***

TurboTax Premier will provide all of the forms and instructions for you to file. 

I could use a little more help.

I tried TurboTax basic to prepare my return and it worked really well!

I got to a point where it says I need to upgrade to Deluxe for $30 but days State is not included.  I can buy the Deluxe version for $40 at Target, which has both State & Federal, and am wondering if that would be better.  Don’t know how much extra the Sate version will cost.

Also, this came about due a need for forms for education expenses.

If I have a K1 form to enter will Deluxe handle that?  Or will I then have to upgrade from Deluxe to Premier?

If I do buy a product at the store, can I import the file I started on TurboTax basic by saving it to my computer and uploading it to another version so I don’t have to start all over again?

I could use a little more help.

I tried TurboTax basic to prepare my return and it worked really well!

I got to a point where it says I need to upgrade to Deluxe for $30 but days State is not included.  I can buy the Deluxe version for $40 at Target, which has both State & Federal, and am wondering if that would be better.  Don’t know how much extra the Sate version will cost.

Also, this came about due a need for forms for education expenses.

If I have a K1 form to enter will Deluxe handle that?  Or will I then have to upgrade from Deluxe to Premier?

If I do buy a product at the store, can I import the file I started on TurboTax basic by saving it to my computer and uploading it to another version so I don’t have to start all over again?

LindseyLO
Intuit Alumni

A list of forms that are provided by TurboTax has been provided for you by clicking here. This will better help you select the product that is best for you. Also by clicking here  you are able to compare TurboTax products and see the costs associated with each.

If you need help with importing your files from one product to another click here.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Kat
Level 15
Level 15

@MM1958 Since you have a K-1, you'll need Premier to properly complete your tax return.  

Yes, you will probably save $ by purchasing the Desktop (CD/Download) from Target.  (I much prefer the Desktop programs for a number of reasons).  

And yes, if you decide to use the Desktop Edition, you can transfer what you've already input in the Online Edition to the Desktop Edition.  

Please post back if you have further questions.

*** I am NOT a tax expert. I am a seasoned TurboTax user, and volunteer to provide assistance to TT users. Nothing I post is to be considered TAX ADVICE; I bear no legal liability for responses.***
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies