turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

kimmymerit
Returning Member

Cannot log into my account

I cannot log into my account. I have changed my password twice and I still cannot get in. I filed an extension in April and paid for a deluxe package but now that I am ready to file I cannot login.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

13 Replies
kimmymerit
Returning Member

I am having trouble logging in. I have reset my password and I still cannot get in. I filed an extension earlier and paid for the deluxe package at that time. I am ready to file my 2018 taxes but I cannot get into the system.

I combined your duplicate thread to avoid confusion and redundancy.

What happens when you try--do you end up in a loop?   Does it act like it's going to log in, then doesn't and takes you back to the log-in screen?    Have you tried a different browser?    See if that makes a difference.

j9941

when I log in the computer goes right back to password screen

@j9941 wrote:

when I log in the computer goes right back to password screen

Empty your browser Internet cache and delete any Intuit cookies.

Close the browser and reopen it.

Then try again.

If problem recurs, empty the cache and cookies again.  Close and reopen browser, but this time open a private browsing window (aka Incognito Mode).

If problem recurs in a private window, try using a different browser.

tedsloat

After I enter the auth code I go right back to the password screen in an endless loop.

@tedsloat 

Did you follow the steps as outlined in the answer right above your comment, including using a different browser, if necessary?

If you need additional help,  here's how to reach Customer Support:

Hours are 5AM-9PM Pacific (8AM-12 Midnight Eastern) Monday-Friday.

FAQ: What is the TurboTax phone number?
https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/using-turbotax/help/what-is-the-turbotax-phone-number/00/25632

TerukoL
Intuit Alumni

If you cannot get into your TurboTax account with the correct password and username, try refreshing your browser.  Then, clear your cache in your browser settings and log into Turbotax. If that doesn't work, try using a different browser.

Please click the link, listed below, and follow the steps in the TurboTax FAQ, on how to clear your browser's cache. 

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3302272  

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
VictoriaD75
Expert Alumni

As stated above, you should clear your cache and cookies.

Your browser stores recently visited webpages as temporary files in a cache, which enables the pages to load more quickly when revisited.

However, a full or corrupted cache can cause problems in TurboTax, so sometimes you need to clear your cache (that is, remove these temporary files).

Here are the official instructions for the most popular browsers:

Apple's official support site doesn't appear to contain instructions for clearing the cache in Safari. Your best bet is to search the Internet for clear Safari cache or similar search terms.

I cannot log into my.....using the codes txt to me takes me back to prior page after I enter the code..

LeonardS
Expert Alumni

This link to the TurboTax page Account Recovery Request for your TurboTax Account has information on how to recover your TurboTax account.

Mother120

Turbo tax does not recognize my User ID or password.

Help

@Mother120 wrote:

Turbo tax does not recognize my User ID or password.

Help

You may even have more than one account.  Many people end up with multiple accounts (User IDs) without realizing it.   Here's how to troubleshoot for User IDs, reset passwords, and regain access.

You can have up to 5 accounts that use the same email address for notification purposes.  A User ID may be an email address, but it doesn't have to be.  It might be only part of an email address, or it can be anything at all.

To get a list of your User IDs, reset password, and recover account access, you can use the tool at the link below.  When using the Account Recovery tool, try using your phone number first.   After that, if necessary, then run the tool on your email address(es) you can access.

NOTE: Before running the account recovery tool below, log out of all Intuit accounts including this user forum, or you might end up in a loop.  Then clear your browser Internet cache, close your browser, then reopen it, and go to the link below.  You may wish to copy this link so you can paste it into the new browser session.

https://myturbotax.intuit.com/account-recovery

If still no luck after running that on your phone number and email address(es) that you can access,  here's another method:

Go back to the tool again, but this time leave the data field blank, and choose the small blue link that says "Try something else", and it will look you up by SSN and other parameters.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies