Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I am being asked to enter 2019 AGI. For 2019 taxes, I was a non filer and provided my info to the irs for the stimulus. Should I select that I didn't file last year?

I am reviewing my 2020 taxes in order to e-file successfully and I am being asked to provide my 2019 adjusted gross income. In 2019, I was a non-filer and provided my income information to the irs on the non filers tool in order to receive my stimulus check. Should I select "I didn't file last year" or "I have my 2019 tax return"? Thanks!
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

6 Replies
HelenC12
Expert Alumni

I am being asked to enter 2019 AGI. For 2019 taxes, I was a non filer and provided my info to the irs for the stimulus. Should I select that I didn't file last year?

If you filed as a non-filer, answer that I have my 2019 tax return. You 2019 AGI is $0.  

Additional information: How do I find last year's AGI?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Thank you for your response! Should I put $0 for AGI, even if I had income (income below the threshold that requires you to file)? Additionally, what number is the non filers form, because I am required to state which form I filed last year. Thanks again for your time.

JohnB5677
Expert Alumni

Yes, The answer to all of that is that you should enter zero.  Whether you filed as a non filer, didn't file or filed under the income threshold, they would all be zero.

Thank you, I am required to declare which form I filed. Would I say that I filed 1040 or something else? 

DMarkM1
Expert Alumni

Since you did not actually file a tax return, go back and select that you didn't file last year and put in zero for the AGI.

If you used the NON filer option last year to get the stimulus money  then your AGI IS on the return.  If you entered NO income then your AGI is $1.  If you entered some income then LOOK at the form 1040 line 8b.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies