Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I accidentally entered a 1099 MISC as a W2, and TT made me print it at the end instead of efiling. I haven't mailed it. How do I correct this and retry?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
KatrinaB48
Expert Alumni

I accidentally entered a 1099 MISC as a W2, and TT made me print it at the end instead of efiling. I haven't mailed it. How do I correct this and retry?

Follow the directions below to get back into your return and properly report your 1099-misc form:

1. Log in to your TurboTax account.
  2. You should land on the Tax Timeline page.
  3. Scroll down to the Some Things You Can Do section
  4. Click Add a State to get your return open. (you're not actually adding a state)
  5. Follow the next set of directions to edit your 1099-misc form.

Follow the directions below to delete your W-2:

1. Open or continue your return.
  2. Search for W-2 using the search in the upper right corner and then click the Jump to link in the search results.
  3. This brings you to the Here's your W-2 info screen. Click the trash can icon next to the unwanted W-2 and then answer Yes on the following screen.

To enter a 1099-MISC in TurboTax:

1. Open or continue your return, if you're not already in it.
  2. Search for 1099-misc and then select the "Jump-to" link or "Go to" button at the top of your search results.
  3. Answer Yes to Did you get a 1099-MISC?
    • If you already entered a 1099-MISC, you'll be on the 1099-MISC Summary screen, in which case select Add Another 1099-MISC.
    • Or, if you need to edit or delete a previously-entered 1099-MISC, select the appropriate button.
  4. Enter the info from your form into the corresponding boxes.
    • If you need to enter boxes 4–6 or 8–18, check My form has other info in boxes 1–18 to expand the form.
**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

1 Reply
KatrinaB48
Expert Alumni

Follow the directions below to get back into your return and properly report your 1099-misc form:

1. Log in to your TurboTax account.
  2. You should land on the Tax Timeline page.
  3. Scroll down to the Some Things You Can Do section
  4. Click Add a State to get your return open. (you're not actually adding a state)
  5. Follow the next set of directions to edit your 1099-misc form.

Follow the directions below to delete your W-2:

1. Open or continue your return.
  2. Search for W-2 using the search in the upper right corner and then click the Jump to link in the search results.
  3. This brings you to the Here's your W-2 info screen. Click the trash can icon next to the unwanted W-2 and then answer Yes on the following screen.

To enter a 1099-MISC in TurboTax:

1. Open or continue your return, if you're not already in it.
  2. Search for 1099-misc and then select the "Jump-to" link or "Go to" button at the top of your search results.
  3. Answer Yes to Did you get a 1099-MISC?
    • If you already entered a 1099-MISC, you'll be on the 1099-MISC Summary screen, in which case select Add Another 1099-MISC.
    • Or, if you need to edit or delete a previously-entered 1099-MISC, select the appropriate button.
  4. Enter the info from your form into the corresponding boxes.
    • If you need to enter boxes 4–6 or 8–18, check My form has other info in boxes 1–18 to expand the form.
**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies