You can download the TurboTax file for your online return to your computer by following these steps:
- While in your return, click on Tax Tools > Tools (in the black bar at the side of your screen).
- Under Other helpful links click on Save your 2019 return to your computer. Your online return will be found in the Downloads folder on your computer.
- To open the return in TurboTax desktop edition, click on the Find a Tax File link on the opening screen and then navigate to the Downloads folder.
To download a PDF copy of your return:
- In the black bar at the left side of your screen, click on TaxTools > Print Center
- On the TurboTax Print Center screen, click Print, save or preview this year's return.
- Mark the box(es) for 2019 federal returns and your state,as well.
- In the next section, select Just my tax returns.
- Click on the View or print forms box.
- A PDF copy of your return will appear on the screen. You can either download or print the return by clicking on the appropriate icon at the top right of the screen. [See Screenshot below.]
No, this was not helpful. My client is having trouble downloading his previous years refund. We have tried to download and upload them multiple times in many different ways. It keeps bringing us to the point to where he needs to complete this years taxes. When we click download nothing happens. His computer is up to date and I had him close and re open his browser.
He Prince needs to print his previous years taxes for a mortgage situations.
@donovan23 If you are unable to download your client's prior year's tax returns, he may not be in the same account he used in previous years. Please see How many Intuit Accounts do I have with TurboTax? to determine if he may have inadvertently created an additional account.
Once you ensure that it is the right account, please see How do I access a prior year return? for additional information.
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Still have questions?Make a post