turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

How to delete duplicate charities

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
tripwire

I've been trying to figure out how to edit and delete charities myself. I finally found it. Select the tab for the donation year you wish to work on. You'll see the options for Items, Money, Stock, Mileage. Down below those you will see a little link that says "Manage Charities." Click on that, and you will see your full list of charities that you can edit or delete.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
tripwire

I've been trying to figure out how to edit and delete charities myself. I finally found it. Select the tab for the donation year you wish to work on. You'll see the options for Items, Money, Stock, Mileage. Down below those you will see a little link that says "Manage Charities." Click on that, and you will see your full list of charities that you can edit or delete.

jharc97

That didn't work for me in Internet Explorer - I didn't get a list of any charities, and I was hoping to delete a duplicate.  But I went to the Manage Charities link, and although it says I can Edit, Delete, or Add info, nothing appears.  BUT - I tried it in Chrome, and it works fine.
user17189

The message states it will delete the charity and all associated donations. Does it delete donations from prior years data as well or just current year?

I had the same concern and through searching on Intuit, I found the following:  

No, the charity would only be removed from the current year return you are working on.  It also will not continue to carryover to future years.

When you prepare next year's return, it will only bring forward the charities you had listed on your 2015 return.  If you need to enter an old charity that you removed, you can simply add it to a future return.
You marked this as helpful (undo)
Your feedback has been submitted.
Original
TurboTaxAnnaB , Certified Public Accountant
TurboTax TaxPro 2 years ago
Pagett

I deleted a duplicate charity and did not realize that the associated donations would be deleted. Does anyone know if there is a way to recover them? A number or email to contact? Thank you. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies