turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Chpharms

How to change credit card on file

I need to know how can I change my direct deposit information

I need to put my new debit card 

Need to put my new debit card 

nelsonramsbotham
Returning Member

There is no my account on home page.

VictoriaD75
Expert Alumni

If you are trying to change the card that you use to pay for the software, you will enter that information in step 1 of the file menu. You cannot change payment methods after you have already paid. If you are trying to change information for direct deposit, that cannot be changed after filing your return. However, it will be entered in step 2 of the file menu.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
macbooks
Returning Member

None of these suggestions are useful. There is no "My account" anywhere on any screen. I can find everything except a screen that allows me to see or edit my credit card info. I tried contacting TT and got canned answers that were incorrect or did not have anything to do with updating a credit card. I tried the Q&As with the same result. What a massive waste of time. I've used TT since the beginning, but I can't do business with them now. Pathetic.

@macbooks wrote:

None of these suggestions are useful. There is no "My account" anywhere on any screen. I can find everything except a screen that allows me to see or edit my credit card info. I tried contacting TT and got canned answers that were incorrect or did not have anything to do with updating a credit card. I tried the Q&As with the same result. What a massive waste of time. I've used TT since the beginning, but I can't do business with them now. Pathetic.

Sign onto your TurboTax account using this website and Edit your Credit Card information - https://shopping.turbotax.intuit.com/unified/downloads/myaccounts?route=myaccounts&cgcview=billing

@ macbooks wrote:

None of these suggestions are useful. There is no "My account" anywhere on any screen.

This thread is at least 3-4 years old and transferred into this new forum from the old community forum in June of 2019, and all old threads were given a date of late May 2019 or June 2019.    There is no longer a My Account tab at the top.   The website was redesigned 3-4 years ago.    After signing into your online account, there is now an "Intuit Account" tab near the bottom of the left menu column that can take you to your profile, etc.

Or if you are a TurboTax Advantage customer (annual subscription), see this:
https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/choosing-a-product/help/how-do-i-update-or-confirm-the-info-in-my-...

When using this forum, any thread prior to July 2019 may have old outdated info in it in terms of website navigation.  Hopefully, the direct link that DoninGA provided in his comment above will let you do what you need to do.

macbooks
Returning Member

The link provided took me directly to the correct page, and I made the update. Thanks! However, if I login to Turbotax, and click on "Intuit Account" at the lower left, there is no way to get to any page to update my credit card. I patiently clicked on each of the four options under the "Overview" and patiently scrolled through each page, and found no hint of any way to update a credit card nor any indication that any credit card was on file. In the billing section it had a message that I was not currently using a Turbotax product. I regularly update online credit card info at a dozen websites related to my business and the last time I ran into a website that failed this badly was in 2016. What was that website? Turbotax.

@macbooks Reported this problem to the TurboTax Moderators of the forum for investigation.

macbooks
Returning Member

I just looked at my TT account and my old credit card is still listed there despite my having changed it three weeks ago and saving the change. So, I typed in the new credit card number and saved it, and what do you think popped back up? Yup, my old credit card number. How do you expect to sell TT to anybody if they can't update their credit card info, and how much frustration do you think customers are willing to endure to buy your products? You spend money developing and marketing your products, and then hamstring your website with a glitch that stops the purchasing process dead in its tracks. This glitch has been in place for three weeks. That's inexcusable. If you can't maintain a functioning website why should I trust your competence to produce decent tax software? If I were an Intuit executive reading this, I'd be looking for some heads to chop off.

IMHO  there is no real advantage to the ADVANTAGE program any longer  so just buy the program from a reputable reseller for less  and cancel your advantage account.   Many resellers have discounts on the program and the price usually goes down as the season continues ( cheaper in March than in December) but beware of deep discounts from unknown sources as they could have malware or worse imbedded in them ... if the price sounds too good to be true it is.    AND  all the downloaded programs have all the same forms so save a few bucks and just but the Deluxe (Basic if you don't need a state program) and watch closely as the Deluxe is sold outside of TT  system both  with & without the state program. 

There are only 3 so called "advantages" any longer  ...  https://turbotax.intuit.com/personal-taxes/cd-download/advantage/

1) phone support from a dedicated number (word in the forum is you don't get any faster service using that number)

2) free shipping/download as soon as it is available  ( most places give free download ... and you don't really need the CD ever as it only has the beta version of the program on it anyway ... after installation you always have up update it  AND  no one needs the first beta version of the program in November which is not really fully operational until late January at the earliest ... some forms & states  not until March some years.  If you need to do any tax planning for the next tax year you need to use the prior year program which is already fully operational)

3)  free re-downloads for 3 years  ... all sellers do the same or you can always ask TT for another download for free

@macbooks If you are referring to your TurboTax account billing and shipping information (Not an Advantage subscription) -

I signed onto my TurboTax account using this link - https://myturbotax.intuit.com/

On the Tax Home web page at the bottom left of the page, clicked on Intuit Account

Then clicked on Products & Billing.

Depending on the different Intuit products listed, either click on TurboTax or Manage My TurboTax

Under Billing and shipping info, on Payment Info click on Edit

Changed my credit card information and clicked on Save.  Signed off my account and closed all windows on my web browser.

Opened the web browser and signed bank onto my TurboTax account.  Use the above procedure to check on Payment Info.  The changes made were still in place.  Edited Payment Info and entered the prior card card information and signed out.  Closed all browser windows.  Signed back onto my TurboTax account again and checked Payment Info.  The credit card information was correct.

macbooks
Returning Member

How interesting. If I go to that page through MyTurboTax it works. If I go to that very same page and edit the info it does not work. I double-checked the entire URL--it's the same page, but works or does not work depending on how you accessed it. I can see why people buy TT from resellers, and I get the feeling that TT would prefer not to sell direct or they would do a better job debugging their website.

treefarm1250
Returning Member

there is no "my account" at the top of my screen.  I just want to change my credit card number!!!!!

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies