turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

How might I look up which payment option I selected to receive my federal tax return?

I had to apply for both of the first two stimulus payments via my federal taxes. It has been accepted, but I would like to double-check the payment option I chose, and, if still possible, change it.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

How might I look up which payment option I selected to receive my federal tax return?

Once the tax return has been filed the method or means to receive the tax refund cannot be changed.

To view the option you chose -

Sign onto your online account - https://myturbotax.intuit.com/

When you sign onto your online account and land on the Tax Home web page, scroll down and click on Add a state. 

This will take you back to the 2020 online tax return.  Do NOT under any circumstances change anything on the tax return that was filed.

Click on File on the left side of the online program screen.  On Step 2 click on Revisit.  How you chose to receive the tax refund will be shown.

Sorry, but this does not work. I did not see a  Tax Home web page for me to scroll down and click on Add a state. Can I check this through my Turbo Tax software downloaded in my desktop? Thanks!

KathrynG3
Expert Alumni

Yes. You can check the PDF on Form 1040, page 2 for what information was entered. Otherwise, it should be on your Federal return summary. In the first section, there will be bank account information entered for direct deposit.

@l18david

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies