turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Anonymous
Not applicable

How long does it take fir return depisit and do i get a e mail notifying me when it is completed

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

How long does it take fir return depisit and do i get a e mail notifying me when it is completed

2-3 weeks assuming no problems with your return and you get no notification that the deposit has been done unless you sign up with your bank for deposit alerts. 

When will you get your refund,
https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/refund-status/help/when-will-i-get-my-irs-tax-refund/01/25589

Was your return Accepted? First double check your efile status here
https://turbotax.intuit.com/tax-tools/efile-status-lookup/

When you efile you get back 2 emails. The first email only confirms the transmission. The second email says if the IRS (or state) Accepted or Rejected your efile.

Then only the IRS can tell you. IRS Where's my refund https://www.irs.gov/refunds/
Make sure you are using the refund amount from your actual federal tax return and not the combined amount Turbo Tax showed you at the end. That was for federal and state combined.

When you log into your account you should also see the status and if it was Accepted or Rejected, Started, Printed, Ready to Mail, etc.  what does it say?

cdgurley1
Returning Member

I paid to have my refund e-file after my federal and state taxes were completed.  My state refund was deposited into the bank account that I requested, but on June 10, 2022, I received a refund status of my federal refund from IRS that my refund was mailed out, instead of, deposited.  I do not understand this and it is hard to speak to a live person to get answers.  If my federal refund was mailed, I am entitled to a reimbursement for e-file fees.

@cdgurley1  Only the IRS can tell you why they mailed your refund instead of making a direct deposit.  But no, you do not get a refund from TurboTax for that.   You did not pay an extra fee to TurboTax to have a direct deposit.   You paid to use TurboTax software to prepare and file a tax return--which you did.   The manner in which the IRS or state issues your refund does not affect the fee you paid to use the software.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

@cdgurley1  - to clarify, turbo tax charges you to prepare that tax return.  whether you efile or paper file your federal return, there is no difference in what Turbo Tax charges for its services. 

Manage cookies