Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

How do you notify Turbo tax of a Turbo Tax software error?

The 2022 Turbo Tax -Premier CD has a software error on Indiana Schedule IT-2210A (Annualized Income Schedule for the Underpayment of Estimate Tax by Individuals)   The software error is in Section III where the value of Line 19 Column B does not transfer to Line 13 Column C and affects the subsequent calculations.  I do not know how to inform Turbo Tax of the problem and so far have not had any success in communicating with Turbo Tax.   Really disgusting that they don' have an easy portal for communicating software errors.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

10 Replies

@gcreasey-- 

You would call Customer Support.  They would instruct you as-to how to provide them with a diagnostic file for them to check it out and see what is happening, and what needs to be done to correct it.

What is the TurboTax phone number? (intuit.com)

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*

I called them and they didn't seem too interested nor did they provide a method (diagnostic file) to evaluate.  Is there any other way to contact TT IT personnel?

Maybe @DMarkM1   can help get this worked out?.....or contact someone who is willing to get, & then check thru a diagnostic file with Indiana forms?

Or perhaps @Rick19744  will be around...He has supposedly dealt with Indiana taxes and might be able to check out that Indiana form and what transfers...correctly or incorrectly.

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*

Thanks for all your help.   Pretty bad when you have to review all the forms for TT software errors prior to submitting your return.  I manually did my 2210A form and see where TT did not calculate correctly.  I guess TT has no problem selling faulty products as long as they get their money.  Pretty sad.  Maybe the sign of the times.  I might go to H&R Block next year and try them out.

Obviously we can't see your data and I am surprised that TT was dismissive.

There can be issues in any software, regardless of the provider.

It happens even at the professional tax software level used by National Firms.

I will put a note in for the moderators to see if they can circle back with you and diagnosis the problem.

*A reminder that posts in a forum such as this do not constitute tax advice.
Also keep in mind the date of replies, as tax law changes.

Thanks Rick for the reply.  I guess I could have explained the issue better on my earlier calls to TT.  I called again and just informed them of the software issue and where it occurred and they were happy to inform TT IT personnel.  I decided to just go ahead and pay the additional dollars to the Indiana (which shouldn't have been due) and not try to get it straightened out.  Its not worth the time and effort.  Thanks again for your response and insight.

Thanks so much to DMarkM1 for taking the time and effort to review my problem with IN 2210A.  As it turns out, the TT software was correct.  Indiana rejected my IN2210A TT calculations in error of which I made a claim against and upon Indiana's review, they acknowledged the error and removed the penalty.   In addition I also made an error in stating that TT had a software error of which it didn't.  My error was from my own misunderstanding of the Indiana IN2210A form instructions of which DMarkM1 enlightened me on.   My complaints against TT was unjustified and I profusely apologize for my statements.  Turbo Tax has proven to be exactly what they are, a great tax software provider.  Thanks again DMarkM1 for your time, effort, patience and knowledge regarding my issue.  GC

msavochka

While entering Property Taxes we  paid on home we dwell in ... noticed we OWE more Iowa State taxes??? It should decrease right?

Cynthiad66
Expert Alumni

It depends.  Normally, the state taxes would decrease unless the adjustment did not affect the item.  Sometimes your state may not itemize and therefore that adjustment would not affect it.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Your recommendation is insufficient - TurboTax reps were uninterested in my case as well.  With TT2022 Premium, I had to file in 3 states due to income from multiple sources.  TT appeared OK but my Colorado tax return (state of residence) rejected it.  I had also sprung for TaxAudit support who did work with the state on my behalf and lowered their additional bill from hundreds to just $15 ($10 tax due and $5 penalty).  At that point, TaxAudit closed the case.  I dug more though and after discussing with the state of Colorado revenue folks, they determined that TT generated a combined form 104CR (credit for taxes paid to other states) and another 104CR for one of the states instead of generating a clean 104CR for each state (combined not allowed).  I've had no luck getting TT professionals to clean up this minor error which regardless became a paper nuisance.  TaxAudit reps weren't any better.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies