Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

How do I report TurboTax Software Errors?

About 3 years ago, turbotax required you to use the premier version for capital gains. A lot of people bought the deluxe version assuming that they could use that to do capital gains and were irate. Turbotax allowed them to upgrade to Premier with no additional charge that first year. However since then you need the Premier version.

Nope.  Back in  2014 they tried to make the Desktop program the same as Online where you need to upgrade to a higher version.  But it didn't work out and they put all the forms back into all the desktop  versions.  It has been the same since then.

@ brucetdunlap wrote:

About 3 years ago, turbotax required you to use the premier version for capital gains. A lot of people bought the deluxe version assuming that they could use that to do capital gains and were irate. Turbotax allowed them to upgrade to Premier with no additional charge that first year. However since then you need the Premier version.

Some of that is not correct, as I'll explain below.  Currently it is only the Online version that has to have Premier or higher to report capital gains/losses on Schedule D.  Desktop Deluxe is fully-featured.

TurboTax DID experiment with the desktop Deluxe a few years ago and restricted Schedule D (capital gains/losses) to Premier or higher.  But the outrage was so great that it only lasted a few weeks before Corporate caved in the middle of tax-filing season.   They had to put out new product patch in mid-tax season which reverted Deluxe to the full-featured product.  Meanwhile others were allowed to upgrade to Premier.  But that fiasco was for one tax season only.

For the last few years, Deluxe has again been able to handle Schedule D (capital gains/losses) and all other Federal forms and schedules that Premier can. 

bjanowiak
Returning Member

This document makes NO REFERENCE to Form 1310 nor the IRS requirement for the acquisition of an EIN via form SS-4 nor the required USE of the EIN number and and modified decedent name & executor name on all documents of a 2020 TAX Return for a decedent.

Aslo,

The Inherited IRAs and retirement accounts

paragraph in this document is out of date and incorrect according to the 2019 CARES act.

bjanowiak
Returning Member

In reference to 

turbotax.intuit.com/tax-tips/family/death-in-the-family/L5albFXM4

This document makes NO REFERENCE to Form 1310 nor the IRS requirement for the acquisition of an EIN via form SS-4 nor the required USE of the EIN number and and modified decedent name & executor name on all documents of a 2020 TAX Return for a decedent.

Also,

The Inherited IRAs and retirement accounts

paragraph in this document is out of date and incorrect according to the 2019 CARES act.

I prepared 5 returns for my family and filed 4 electronically. I originally elected one to file one by mail. Later, I tried to change it to electronic filing but received a message saying I reached my filing limit.

JeanneLO
Intuit Alumni

Please follow the instructions in this TurboTax FAQ to contact customer support for assistance:  What is the TurboTax phone number?

@kcburris70

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Fred Schmitt
Returning Member

I'm doing Estimated Fed Taxes for next year.  Where do I enter the Fed tax being withheld from my monthly pension, & that being withheld from my annual RMDs?

Fred Schmitt
Returning Member

I am doing the Estimated Fed Taxes for next year.  Where do I record the Fed tax to be withheld from my monthly pension payment, plus that from my annual IRA RMD ??

vanon
Returning Member

I would like to report an error with TurboTax software. The problem exists in multiple versions (online Premier, and reproduced with paid pro Intuit software). Regarding Affordable Care Act forms (1095-A, box 1 and 2): If "marketplace identifier" is input wrong (for example switching with "policy number"), TurboTax does not catch the error. Final checks were completed without any errors caught! (Ready to file, CompleteCheck passed, all the way to payment stage.)

This is not a minor return error. The difference was thousands of dollars. (Note: When identifiers corrected, software seems accurate, as verified on paper by professional). Please correct this problem soon! At the very least, do not expect confidence in TurboTax (or our future use) if not corrected.

CAM60

Dependent qualifying child checked no but it still wants a name and social.  See Info Wks sheet to fix.

2020 Turbo Tax does not allow i(401)k employee contributions up to $26,000 for those age 50 and up. Instead, it enforces $19,500 for all ages. Last year, the software correctly allowed up to $25,000 for those age 50 and up.

I guess I will check back in a month or so to see if this has gotten fixed.

How do I delete and input correct wrong number as shown in Turbo tax workshhet? 

DawnC
Expert Alumni

There are 224 posts on this thread, so I am going to need some more information regarding your issue.   What worksheet are you trying to edit?   You can use this link to start a new question/discussion that will be seen by many more users.   @Marco minervini   

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
gwswanson

This is regarding the NC State Underpayment Penalty form D-422.

This form doesn't seem to be calculating the penalty correctly in the Part II Short Method area.

It says it will calculate it automatically if a couple of criteria like not having paid estimated taxes during the year.

Despite the fact that I didn't, it still isn't calculating anything.

Thanks!

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies