Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

edmc12

How do I remove 1095-a from my turbo tax tax return. I had employer sponsored insurance

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

13 Replies
AlanT222
Expert Alumni

How do I remove 1095-a from my turbo tax tax return. I had employer sponsored insurance

Here's the general procedure for viewing the forms list and deleting unwanted forms, schedules, and worksheets in TurboTax Online:

1. Open or continue your return in TurboTax.
  2. In the left menu, select Tax Tools and then Tools.
  3. In the pop-up window Tool Center, choose Delete a form.
  4. Select Delete next to the form/schedule/worksheet in the list and follow the instructions.
**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
edmc12

Thank you  I have tried this however the form 1095-A is not there to be deleted.  Please let me know where to find. 

AmyC
Expert Alumni

If the form is not in your return and you do not need it, there is nothing to do. You are fine.

But I am unable to e-file until I remove that form.  Any further assistance would be greatly appreciated.

you can't clean up the 1095-A issue until you pay expensive version of turbotax

ChondelLO
Intuit Alumni

Please visit the TurboTax Help article below for information on how to remove forms in TurboTax.

How do I view and delete forms in TurboTax Online?

The prior entry directs the user to the same insufficient answer that was given above. The 1095a form needs to be removable by the free user. This is either a serious bug or a serious bait and switch. You have just essentially placed a paywall on the free version for a trivial step. Elevate this to 3rd level management review. To anyone else reading this, establish a new thread with this issue to get their attention.

Michelle_002
Returning Member

Did you figure out how to do this? I am experiencing the same issue. The form isn't in the "delete form" section. I am unable to select NO when it asks if I received Form-1095 A in the mail. Thanks in advance. 

Vanessa A
Expert Alumni

Is the no button not working or are you  being rejected and it is reverting back to yes?

If you are being rejected see below.  If you are unable to select No, then please clear your cache and cookies and then try again. 

There are two reasons your return could be rejected if you were not covered at all in 2021 through the Marketplace.

Reason one could be a form hanging up in your return.  This is likely the case if you or no one on your return has ever had insurance through the Marketplace. If you have already attempted to e-file your return, but were rejected with rejection code F8962-070, you may find that you will not be able to answer the ''Did you receive a Form 1095-A?'' question with a NO response.   When you select No, TurboTax will revert your selection back to Yes.

The reason you can’t change your response to NO is that the 1095-A, as well as Form 8962, are now included in your return.   But, if you do not have a 1095-A and know you will not be receiving one, you can delete the 1095-A from your return.  This will also remove the 8962 and allow you to change your answer to the 1095-A question to NO.   If you have confirmed that there is no 1095-A available from the Marketplace, follow the steps below.

• Click Deductions and Credits

• Scroll down to Medical and Click Show More

• Click Start or Revisit next to the ACA

• As you walk through the questions, you will be asked if you received a 1095-A.  If you did NOT, click YES.

• You will need to put a little information in the form and enter $1 for the January amounts

• Delete the 1095A entry.  

• Go to Tax Tools>>Tools>>Delete a form then verify there is no form 8962 or 1095A showing.  It should not be.  If it is, click delete a form.

• You can then resubmit your return. 

The second reason you may get this rejection error is because the IRS believes you or someone on your return should have a 1095-A. This could be because you or a dependent had it in previous years or a form is hanging up in your .  If no one on your return had insurance through the marketplace for tax year 2021, you can enter $1 into your 1095.

This will not affect anything on your return, but having the form there will enable your return to be accepted by the IRS.  To do this take the following steps:

• Click Deductions and Credits

• Scroll down to Medical and Click Show More

• Click Start or Revisit next to the ACA

• As you walk through the questions, you will be asked if you received a 1095-A.  If you did NOT, click YES.

• Enter 0's for the Marketplace identifier and Policy number.

• Enter $1 for January monthly premium amount and SLCSP

• Walk through to the end and submit your return.

Unfortunately, I am not able to find Tax Tools in the menu.

I am finding tax tools. Where it is?

Thank you. I have tried this however the form 1095-A is not there to be deleted.  Please let me know where to find. 

LenaH
Employee Tax Expert

Tax tools is on the left-hand side of your screen. I have attached a screenshot below for additional guidance.

@sergenoel1

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies