Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

dhrob501

How do I import 1099s from Raymond James?

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies

In order to import data from a financial institution like a bank or brokerage with which TurboTax is partnered, you need the user ID and password that your routinely use when you use the online services of that institution.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
Anonymous
Not applicable

after import, check carefully.  TT takes no responsibility as to the import being correct or complete. Others have posted that that tax authorities have found errors in what was imported data.     I know for a fact having a different brokerage that not all my 1099 info was imported.  

gverseput

In TurboTax Business, Raymond James does not appear as a financial or brokerage institution that can be downloaded. A number of other choices are available, but not Raymond James. Raymond James says they have a contract with TurboTax to do downloads, but RJ does not appear on the list. How to work around this?

Are you using the Windows Business program or the personal Home&Business?  I don't think you can import any 1099 to the Business program.  If you are using a personal version I see there are 2 Raymond James listed here  https://www.intuit.com/partners/fdp/implementation-support/tax-import/program-overview/partner-list/ 

Or maybe RJ doesn't have the 1099 import file ready yet.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies