turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

MarilynG1
Expert Alumni

How do I get confirmation number for State e-filing?

@Jim1411  Please call product support and give them your serial number and then they can give you the confirmation number you need. Here's the number to call:  (800) 446-8848

To find your serial number, go into the program to the payment section, select pay by credit card--then you should see a screen pop up. Look on that screen for the serial number, and then call us. Thank you!

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
gibsonda

I need the confirmation number for state e filing.  Returns are complete in Turbo tax and ready for e filing.

I called the phone number shown to get the confirmation # for paying by credit card the state filing and all i got was this e-mail.  please supply a confirmation # so that I can finish e-filing my Federal and State returns.

lpsolo46

I purchased NE State for e-file & can't find the confirmation number

Greg 64

I need state e file conformation for filling

robynmears
Returning Member

I got to the end of my taxes and the screen is asking for a State Emile confirmation number. I have tried several times to get it, but to no avail. Help please!

Fjl56

How do I get product confirmation number

I am trying to eFile my State and Federal returns.  However it tells me my purchase did not go through ... What do I do now as I am being asked for an eFile confirmation number

antanet22

I need a confirmation number to complete my efile

LinaJ2020
Expert Alumni

Please call TT Product Support and provide them with your serial number.  They will give you the confirmation number you need. Here's the number to call:  (800) 446-8848

I am also attaching a TurboTax discussion link for your reference.  Click here:  e-file confirmation

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
RichG4

All of the information is fine except for one item: I still can't efile my state tax return. Further, the instructions given by Turbotax lists a bunch of forms that have to be mailed. There is only one problem: when I printed out all the forms, the ones that were listed in the instructions for mailing were not included the forms that Turbotax printed. The way this program is currently constructed, I would not recommend it for anyone but a Tax Professional.

KathrynG3
Expert Alumni

At the Print Center, select the options carefully for what is to be printed. Keep in mind if you are referring to an amended return, there are only four states that accept an e-filed amended return: Georgia, Michigan, New York and Vermont. 

If you are getting a rejected e-file, you may be able to still e-file. See: How do I fix a rejected return? 

Mike S_78
Returning Member

It seemed like turbo demands proof that you paid for your cd or online ... requiring you to talk to a computer such a nightmare ... has anyone solved this mess?

I need a confirmation number for State e-filing. My license code is VWUR-BKBK-3FMM-NXK for turbo tax deluxe.

KathrynG3
Expert Alumni

Yes, you are correct, to download a PDF of the return, the fee for the software must be paid. Otherwise, go to Get Transcript | Internal Revenue Service and request the Record of Account type of transcript. For more information, see: How do I get a copy of my tax return or transcript from the IRS?

@Mike S_78

Please check for state filing status here: State Return Refund Tracking.

@curtisgrant

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies