Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Ask the Experts All About the W-4! >> Event happening TOMORROW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

user53052

How do I find my AGI for 2021?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies

If you have a copy of your 2021 tax return it is listed on the return.  I suspect you are asking this question because you did not keep a copy of your return.  I would think the only way to get it now would be to contact the IRS.

You need your 2021 AGI to efile 2022. The AGI is on 2021 1040 line 11. If you filed a Joint return you use the same AGI for each spouse.

How to find the AGI.
https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/agi/help/how-do-i-find-last-year-s-agi/01/25947

If you didn't file 2021 or filed it later in the year or mailed it, then try entering 0 for the AGI. If that doesn't work you will have to print and mail your return.

Or request a transcript from the IRS
https://www.irs.gov/individuals/get-transcript

I have last year's 1040, for 2021.

It's the PDF saved after using TurboTax to file our 2021 taxes.

Filing Married/Joint, same as 2021.

Got error
"IND-032-04 - 'SpousePriorYearPIN' or 'SpousePriorYearAGIAmt' in the Return Header must match the e-File database."

I am the spouse.

TurboTax (and the IRS form) only ask for the prior year AGI.

Nothing about 'Spouse Prior Year PIN'
I filed it with the correct AGI amount, from line 11 of last year's 1040.

IRS rejected this.

Is there a separate AGI for each filer on a joint return? It says 'Spouse Prior Year AGI Amt'. Is that different from the AGI on line 11 of the 1040?

HELP!

@KSW99 When you file a joint return the AGI is the same for each spouse.  Use the amount from line 11 of your Form 1040.

If it was rejected for AGI—-be aware that many 2021 returns took so long for the IRS to process that your 2021 AGI might not be in the IRS system.   Try using zero instead.

If filing with zero is rejected then file again but select the option that you did not file last year.  The IRS does not see that question and it will allow you to e-file with no AGI question.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/agi/help/where-do-i-correct-my-agi-in-turbotax-online/00/26311

If that does not work and you still cannot e-file, then print, sign, and mail your tax return.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies