turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

How do I efile if it says i have 2-4 instances of withholding and wage amounts on w-2 statements with the same dollar amount, but I don't see that I do?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
MarilynG1
Expert Alumni

How do I efile if it says i have 2-4 instances of withholding and wage amounts on w-2 statements with the same dollar amount, but I don't see that I do?

Type 'w2' in the Search area, then click on 'Jump to w2'.

When the W-2 Summary screen opens, you can EDIT or Delete your entries there.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I know how to add or edit my current W-2 entries, I just don't understand why its telling me I have instances of at least 2 forms with the same dollar amount present when I don't. I've gone through every W-2 that I have with the paperwork in hand and plugged all the numbers in a second time just to be safe and it's still telling me the same thing. 

MarilynG1
Expert Alumni

Once you have paid for your return, you can Download it to your computer with all Forms and Worksheets.

This may help you to find the entries with the same amounts.  Could you have entered a 1099-Misc in the 1099-Misc section and also in the Business Income section? 

Since we can't see your tax return in this forum, click this link to request Phone Support if you can't find the error.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies