Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

How do I efile a Wisconsin s corp tax return that is completed in turbotax? I receive the message that I need an update, but Turbotax is updated.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

25 Replies
gkaters
Returning Member

How do I efile a Wisconsin s corp tax return that is completed in turbotax? I receive the message that I need an update, but Turbotax is updated.

I have the same issue and it is still not fixed

This is the 2nd year in a row I've had this problem.  It took months last year to finally reach someone who could fix the problem for me.  Good news is, you can efile the federal return so at least you know that has been filed.   As for the Wisconsin return - I guess we have to wait for them to release a manual update that we can download from this website.  Unbelievable the amount of time I've wasted on this software the past two tax seasons.

Cass0317
Intuit Alumni

Please see the TurboTax FAQ for assistance this update issue:

State install/e-file update loop: State not installed after installation or TurboTax needs to update...

If you continue to have problems, please click on the Contact us form. We’ll help you connect with the right expert for your specific problem.

gkaters
Returning Member

I have been on the phone with 3 of you different experts with no resolution.  Between wait time and working with the experts I am over 6 hours into this.

This is the clean-up tool for last year.  We need one for 2020.

Thanks

@KimLaPez wrote:

This is the clean-up tool for last year.  We need one for 2020.

Thanks

I have seen 3-4 Wisconsin corporate filers with this issue of the state efile-update loop.

When did you try to use that cleanup tool?

I reported to TurboTax a couple of days ago that the FAQ had not been updated for 2020, and according to the date on the FAQ, the FAQ was then updated 2 days ago.  Whether they changed anything in the cleanup utility file or not, I don't know.  I have no way to test it.

@Katie_B  or @GabiU Do you know any more on this?   They did update the FAQ a couple days ago, but is the state cleanup utility in the FAQ the one to use for a 2020 loop?   If it's still a 2019 cleanup, it seems like it would remove the 2019 state program instead.

gkaters
Returning Member

That is fine if you are filing your 2019 state taxes but this fix does nothing to remove the 2020 Wisconsin state tax software.  Another 1/2 hour shot to hell

I downloaded it and it only mentions TY19.

I also have been unable to file my WI S Corp taxes.  Keeps telling me to update; however, no update.  I did file the Federal S. Corp. taxes.  Waiting on calls back from support. 

This was 2019.  Turbotax needs a fix for 2020

Have any of you Wisconsin corporate filers in this thread who are in a state efile-update loop tried running a "TurboTax Repair?"   I'm not sure if it would make any difference in this circumstance, but it's at least something to try.

If you have both the Business Edition and a personal tax product installed, be sure to run it on the correct one.

FAQ:  How to repair TurboTax in Windows

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/bugs-and-error-messages/help/how-to-repair-turbotax-in-microsoft-w...

I contacted TurboTax to ask them to update the FAQ on the state efile-update loop and the states cleanup utility but haven't heard back yet.   They did modify the efile-update FAQ a little 4 days ago, but they must have left the cleanup utility for 2019, not 2020.  So I've contacted again.

tmags

I too am having the same issue I had last year with the submission of the WI S corp tax return.  I tried the fixes that were offered and neither worked.  (Reinstall program & remove state).  Please advise ASAP what you are going to do about this.  A patch/fix and a refund of cost for annoyance and wasted time would be a start. 

You are correct- they did update the FAQ, but when I pulled the download it does appear to have the 2019 information rather than 2020. I have put in a request already with the team on updating the FAQ and will update you once I hear that it has been resolved. Thank you!

A refund is DEFINITELY warranted. I was about to request a waiver/exemption to efile from the WDR so I could just mail my simple return, but it can take 60 days to get approved at which time I’d be late. Feeling like a captive here. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies