Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Ask the Experts All About the Refund! >> Event happening NOW!!!!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

bocodh
Returning Member

How do I Access a previously started 2019 return done with download on computer?

I have the downloaded version of turbo tax on my computer.  I nearly finished, and now that i have the last bit of information I need, I cannot access the return.  I see a 1040 Turbo Tax document on my hard drive, but when I open it, it prompts me that Turbo Tax is installed, and I need to activate it with my 14 digit code.  But I already started it, and don't want to reactivate it, and lose all that I already did.  Plus I don't have my code anymore.  Help!

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies

How do I Access a previously started 2019 return done with download on computer?

Yikes, you were suppose to save the code.  There is a problem with it asking to activate.  

Turbo Tax asks for the License Code each time you start
https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/tax-topics/help/turbotax-2019-requests-license-activation-at-every...

Contact Customer Service for a Code
5am-9pm Pacific Time Monday - Sunday
https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/contact/

What is the Turbo Tax phone number
https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/using-turbotax/help/what-is-the-turbotax-phone-number/00/25632

bocodh
Returning Member

Ok, I did find my activation code, but not sure I want to activate it again, and lose all I did already.

That won't touch your return.  Your return is saved in a separate data file ending in .tax2019.  See if you have that file in your Documents.  Are you on Windows or Mac?  Windows also saves your return as a .tax2019 file starting with a ~ tilde sign Incase you lose the main one.  In Windows your returns are saved in Documents in a Turbo Tax folder.

bocodh
Returning Member

Yes, it's all there.  I called customer service.  they said to go ahead and activate account - I did find my code, and it brought up my 2019 return where I had left off.  Phew!  I guess the activation prompt is an issue, but at least it doesn't restart the whole process.

Thanks for your help.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies