Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

How come I can not access my download on any device ?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Ok guys look like they finally fixed the problem its highlighted now, thank you for all the advice and tricks. I will use the things you have told me to complete these lost taxes and send them into them (again). have a great night thx for taking the time to think about my problem. I purchased this on the 12th and have been playing with it everyday. not sure what took so long. Hope that don't happen with 19 lol.

View solution in original post

13 Replies

First tell us what you are trying to download so that we can comment.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

And what device?  If you are downloading the desktop program you can only download and install it on a full Windows or Mac computer, not a mobile device like an iPad or phone.  If you are on a computer try using a different browser.

A download for 2016, are they going to mail it to me ? Because it will not open and this the sixth day I need to complete this ! There is no shipping info, the download shows in the download area but it is not high lighted and will not open and the CS for this site SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well it wouldn't work on my phone so I went to a desk top and trying Windows !

@tumonra1 The only place you are going to be able to use the downloaded desktop software is a full PC or Mac.  You cannot use it on a phone, an iPad, an android, a tablet, a Chromebook, etc.

And when you finish preparing the 2016 return it has to be printed, signed and mailed.  You cannot e-file it.

When you mail a tax return, you need to attach any documents showing tax withheld, such as your W-2’s or any 1099’s.  Use a mailing service that will track it, such as UPS or certified mail so you will know the IRS/state received the return.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

Thank U all of that I knew, what I need is how to get into the **bleep** thing so I can complete the taxes !

The download should say either Windows or Mac.  It's only good for one.  What exactly does it say?  Did you buy the 2016 download?  

So no one really knows why I have not gotten a "key code", or it isn't instantly opening ? Is there such thing as speaking to a real person on their CS line ?

Ok.  Did you get it downloaded to your Windows computer?  Just double click on the .exe installation file.  Can you find it?  

Here's the support article to find the Windows download

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/installing/help/find-your-turbotax-for-windows-software-download/0...

How to install Turbo Tax on Windows

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/refund-status/help/how-do-i-install-the-turbotax-software-for-wind...

It gave me a choice and I took windows

I have found the download but it is not highlighted like it should be so it will no open.

You don't need a code to install or open 2016.  That is a new thing for 2019.  If it's asking you for an Activation Code you installed the 2019 program not 2016.

Did you buy the right program from here?

https://turbotax.intuit.com/personal-taxes/past-years-products/2016 

Ok guys look like they finally fixed the problem its highlighted now, thank you for all the advice and tricks. I will use the things you have told me to complete these lost taxes and send them into them (again). have a great night thx for taking the time to think about my problem. I purchased this on the 12th and have been playing with it everyday. not sure what took so long. Hope that don't happen with 19 lol.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies