turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

jjo1
Returning Member

How can I leave the routing number and account number blank (not "x") and final form 1040?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

7 Replies
MinhT1
Expert Alumni

How can I leave the routing number and account number blank (not "x") and final form 1040?

The "x" are filled in automatically by TurboTax when you have not entered a bank account. You should leave them as they do not in any way affect your tax return.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
jjo1
Returning Member

Thanks for answering.  I am doing this return for an elderly neighbor and I don't know (or want to know) her banking info.  I want to print the return with direct deposit info blank so she can fill in her own info.

MinhT1
Expert Alumni

There is no alternative. If you enter her bank account in TurboTax then it will be printed out.

If you do not enter the bank account in TurboTax then it will be printed out with "x".

Is there anyway you can check and see if my return is going to be direct deposited I have the confirmation No#

ColeenD3
Expert Alumni

TurboTax does not have access to that information.

So how would a brother goes bout finding out ths information?

JohnB5677
Expert Alumni

If you kept a copy of your tax return, or if you can bring it up on your computer, look down to where it says REFUND line 21 (b&d).  If this area is blank you did not request a direct deposit.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies