turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

How can I get last years AGI?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

35 Replies
KaseyG

If you are in the same account you used to file last year, the AGI should automatically transfer over to this year. If it does not, here are the steps to get your exact AGI as we have it on file:

1. Go to My Tax Timeline under My TurboTax
  2. Go to Tax Year 2015, and under Some things you can do
  3. Click View adjusted gross income (AGI).

If that doesn't work, or you can't access last year's account. here are several ways to get your AGI:

• Get it directly from 2015 taxes by requesting a transcript from the IRS.
  • Enter 0 if you didn't file last year or your return was processed after mid-November
  • File by mail instead of e-filing, as mail doesn't require AGI
Here is an FAQ on all the other ways to get your Prior Year AGI:
https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3301618

rsmith4106
Returning Member

I have my ID and Transaction ID but Turbo Tax won't accept password from last year

J79a81t86

Help please

JotikaT2
Employee Tax Expert

Your prior year Adjusted Gross Income (AGI) can be found by looking at your 2018 Form 1040, page 2, Line 7. 

If you filed with TurboTax in 2019 (for your 2018 tax return), your prior year AGI should automatically pull over. 

If you did not file a tax return for 2018, you should enter $0 for the prior year AGI. 

If either of the above is not available to you, you also have the option of requesting a transcript from the IRS or requesting an entire copy of your 2018 Tax return using Form 4506 - "Request For Copy of Tax Return" by clicking on the following links:

Request a Copy of My Tax Transcript

Request a Copy of My Tax Return

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I need my last year AGI

MayaD
Employee Tax Expert

Last year's AGI is reported on your 2018 form 1040 line 7.

If you can't locate last year's return, you can request an online transcript or a copy by mail from the IRS Transcript website.

No I'm not I can retrieve my other acct

LindaB1993
Expert Alumni

If you can sign in to your prior years' Turbotax account, you may: 

Sign in and go down to Your tax returns & documents. Select View adjusted gross income (AGI).

I need to get my AHI for myself and wife Tanya reynon

@Dylans_mom81  wrote:

I need to get my AHI for myself and wife Tanya reynon

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/agi/help/how-do-i-find-last-year-s-agi/01/25947

To access your current or prior year tax returns sign onto the TurboTax website with the userID you used to create the account - https://myturbotax.intuit.com/

Scroll down to the bottom of the screen and on the section Your tax returns & documents click on Show.  Click on the Year and Click on View adjusted gross income (AGI)

Or go to this IRS website for free federal tax return transcripts - https://www.irs.gov/individuals/get-transcript

If your tax return continues to be rejected with the 2018 AGI then enter a 0 (zero) for the AGI and e-file again.

If this is also rejected then you will have to print and mail the tax return.

See this TurboTax support FAQ for printing a tax return for mailing - https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/printing/help/how-do-i-print-and-mail-my-return-in-turbotax-online...

i need my agi from last year

DeanM15
Expert Alumni

The IRS requires that your Adjusted Gross Income (AGI) from your tax return from the previous year be included with any tax return e-filed this year.

You can find your 2018 AGI on Line 7 of your Form 1040.

If you had filed with TurboTax last year, the AGI would have been automatically added to the return. If you did not file with TurboTax last year (or if you filed in a different TurboTax account), you will need to enter the AGI from last year manually. The AGI is added near the end of the filing process, just before filing the return.

To find the AGI from a different TurboTax account, sign in to that account, then scroll down on the opening page until you get to Your Tax Returns and Documents. Chose 2018 and download your tax return.

If your previous year tax returns are not available, you can use the IRS Get Transcript tool. Try the online option first. If you are unable to obtain the transcript online, you can have one sent to the address the IRS has on record for you. You can find IRS Get Transcript here.

Toot toot69
Returning Member

How to get my agi for 2018

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies