Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

DawnC
Expert Alumni

How can i find the error or item still marked estimated? after the review it says schedule c Cygeninc is still marked estimated.

This occurs in the desktop program when you have form transferred in from a prior year return that had supporting details attached to it.    The example below references a medical expense entry, but it also occurs on Schedule C, Miscellaneous Expenses (in Part V of the Schedule C).    You go go into Forms mode and find the error on the Form by selecting the Schedule C and then clicking on Errors or scrolling down to Part V.    Usually, the error can be found on the Schedule C WKS - in the Miscellaneous Expenses section.  

You may have supporting forms from last year in there preventing you from entering this year's data.  Sometimes (if you transferred in a previous year's tax return), a $0 gets stuck on line items that had supporting detail information attached and you can't edit it.   You can into Forms mode and erase that detail or fix it from the interview mode.     When you click on EDIT next to the medical expense entry spot and see a $0 that you can't edit, there are 2 things you can do: 

• Double click in the field and use the Red X (Remove) to remove the supporting details worksheet.  or
  • Go to the top Edit menu (Windows versions only) and choose Add Supporting Details.   Then click on the Red X (Remove) at the top. 

Either one of these should allow you to enter your expenses.   @sjmiracle

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
PMAmentor

How can i find the error or item still marked estimated? after the review it says schedule c Cygeninc is still marked estimated.

This worked perfectly! Thank you!

Hussam
Returning Member

That worked thank you 

jgb5
Level 1

Slomike1 Wow thanks for an easy solution that really worked.  So simple after the many frustrating tries of my own. 

This advice solved my problem, so I didn't have to start over on my Schedule C.  Thank you!

That worked for me too.  I had Cygeninc and Cypthinc both estimated but no longer accessible.  It is not great that in 2022 Intuit still has not dealt with this old problem.  I have had similar problems in earlier years,.

Sbelle

OMG! Thank you Mike! 

YES! This.

Thanks Mike (@slomike1) - that made my bizarre 'smart check' Error go away for my 2022 return prepared in TT H&B (desktop).

I did NOT want to delete and re-create my entire Schedule C (and all the related forms and worksheets) in order to make this go away. Especially when some people said that doing so didn't even help!

Thank you for posting the clear and explicit steps you followed. They worked for me, as well.

Intuit: Shame on you for continuing, after all these years, to leave us - your loyal, paying users - with no way to find and fix these errors that are not errors in fields that are not fields.

The internet is littered with people complaining about problems like this with bizarre names like "Cygeninc" and "Hdeduc". Just give us the proper tools to expose these mysterious fields and fix them!

@slomike1 , BLESS YOU! That worked for me, too. Makes no sense, but c'est la vie. 

@VolvoGirl 

Your information makes sense, but I had no red-ink entries on my Schedule C. The solution by @slomike1 above worked for me.

Thank you slomike1!  Your solution is still relevant in 2024.

LADom

Mike,

Bless you!  Your 2019 solution worked for my 2023 TurboTax Schedule C Cygeninc error in 2024 as well. 

Intuit, please fix this problem in 2024 that continues to cause your loyal users headaches.

LADom

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies