madhunter69

How can i find the error or item still marked estimated? after the review it says schedule c Cygeninc is still marked estimated.

gpapa

I deleted the form and reentered all the data.  Fortunately for me, this wasn't much,  I had the same problem on a different form and this was the only solution that worked.  This was after i unmarked all items marked as estimated, but this one was still causing the error.
Natisimus

I have the same problem = I am not even claiming any medical expenses and I get the same error.  TT should fix this error
perkinsab

I'm having this same problem.  In fact, its one of the things that caused me to apply for an extension to file.  I'm not yet to the point of deleting the form and completing it all again, but it is very frustrating.

INTUIT?  What is going on with Cygeninc?  Seems like this is something you are entering by accident or is evidence that someone is hacking Inuit SW...
mlawler14

There is an option to uncheck estimated in the "edit" tab (next to file). I figured it out for my child's SS#  after waiting 30 mins on the phone.
mpzeleznik

This issue of having to delete/recreate a form due to Error Check incorrectly believing that something is marked Estimated has become a MAJOR nuisance over the last few years (I've used TT for nearly 20 years). It either specifies some internal variable name, or no variable or field name.  I have contacted TT support, and this forum, and the only solution has been to delete/recreate the problem form(s).

This year it happened with TT Business on 1 form, and with TT Home & Business on 2 forms.  With TT Business, the form was the basic company info worksheet, which TT would NOT allow me to delete, so I had to start a new return and re-import my data from scratch.  That was fun.  This is getting very frustrating.
mpzeleznik

Re; my previous comment about Error Check.  I am always using the purchased CD or downloaded versions of TT when I have encountered this issue.
gpapa

sacollins1

I had the same problem on the "Hdeduc" form (Medical Wks).   Printed out the form, deleted it from my return, then added it back in and entered all the data over.  I recommend you make a back-up file of the whole return BEFORE you delete the form, just in case it screws up something else.
slomike1

In case somebody else is having this problem with Cygeninc.

I was considering deleting the form and adding it back, but instead I did the following (in step by step view)

1. went to business income.

2. Chose walk me through everything

3. On business Income and Expenses I selected Update

4. On the Company with the problem I selected Edit

5. Clicked update on Business Profile (didn't change anything and I don't think this is necessary, but this is what I did), clicked continye

6. Clicked on Update next to Import Business Information 

7. Selected Enter my business info myself, then continue

This fixed the Cygeninc problem. When I went to review and did a test I had no more errors  Yeah.

Hope this helps somebody else.

-Mike

neallevene2350

This worked for me too.

dennischarlebois

That worked for me too. Thanks for the tip

annefentonmd

I get the same error using TurboTax/Business  (CD Version).   I have no idea what "cygeninc" is - it has nothing to do with my taxes...and the fact that others are getting this error message it seems like this my be a software bug in TurboTax.

It is complaining about my Schedule C - but again...no where anywhere in my taxes does anything refer to "cygeninc".

It probably means Current Year General Income?

I searched my notes and found this.....

The error "Cygenic is estimated" can occur when a prior year Schedule C has an item estimated. When the return is transferred to the next year the estimated item will come along in the background of the file. 

There are several things to try:

1) If you have just started your return you can go back to the prior year, locate the estimated item(s), delete it,  then retransfer the file. 

2) If you've already done work in the file change to Forms.. In "Forms in My Return" choose Schedule C then click the red Errors icon. Look for an expense item in RED. Right click on that item and delete the estimated amount. 

3) If you are unable to locate and clear the error, please contact Support using the link below. The agent can screen share with you and, if needed, request a diagnostic copy of your file for further review.   Contact Customer Service M-F  5AM-5PM Pacific time   https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/contact/