INTUIT? What is going on with Cygeninc? Seems like this is something you are entering by accident or is evidence that someone is hacking Inuit SW...
This year it happened with TT Business on 1 form, and with TT Home & Business on 2 forms. With TT Business, the form was the basic company info worksheet, which TT would NOT allow me to delete, so I had to start a new return and re-import my data from scratch. That was fun. This is getting very frustrating.
In case somebody else is having this problem with Cygeninc.
I was considering deleting the form and adding it back, but instead I did the following (in step by step view)
1. went to business income.
2. Chose walk me through everything
3. On business Income and Expenses I selected Update
4. On the Company with the problem I selected Edit
5. Clicked update on Business Profile (didn't change anything and I don't think this is necessary, but this is what I did), clicked continye
6. Clicked on Update next to Import Business Information
7. Selected Enter my business info myself, then continue
This fixed the Cygeninc problem. When I went to review and did a test I had no more errors Yeah.
Hope this helps somebody else.
I get the same error using TurboTax/Business (CD Version). I have no idea what "cygeninc" is - it has nothing to do with my taxes...and the fact that others are getting this error message it seems like this my be a software bug in TurboTax.
It is complaining about my Schedule C - but again...no where anywhere in my taxes does anything refer to "cygeninc".
I searched my notes and found this.....
The error "Cygenic is estimated" can occur when a prior year Schedule C has an item estimated. When the return is transferred to the next year the estimated item will come along in the background of the file.
There are several things to try:
1) If you have just started your return you can go back to the prior year, locate the estimated item(s), delete it, then retransfer the file.
2) If you've already done work in the file change to Forms.. In "Forms in My Return" choose Schedule C then click the red Errors icon. Look for an expense item in RED. Right click on that item and delete the estimated amount.
3) If you are unable to locate and clear the error, please contact Support using the link below. The agent can screen share with you and, if needed, request a diagnostic copy of your file for further review. Contact Customer Service M-F 5AM-5PM Pacific time https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/contact/