turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I bought the windows version of turbotax but need mac version as I have switched to a mac computer

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

9 Replies
Himanshu

I bought the windows version of turbotax but need mac version as I have switched to a mac computer

Hi, 

You would need to contact our care team for this. Here is an FAQ on how to contact us:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1899263-what-is-the-turbotax-phone-number

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3300041

On the phone for almost half and hour.  The rep needed to call a manager from a different location.  It shouldn't be this hard.  Both versions SHOULD be made available for download in the first place.  This is rediculous.

were you able to get a Mac version ? I have same issue I bought a window version but now my pc is not working right so I am trying to download it on my Mac but can not find the option on my products ,, I guess intuit would want me to buy an other license ,,

CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

If you purchased a Windows version but need a Mac version instead, please click here to contact customer support. They can switch out the version you purchased. @Racso64

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
cow408

Have the same issue. on the phone will the Rep for 30 mins and still no solution. This is a common a issue and they should know how to resolve this quickly.

By mistake I bought the Mac version of TurboTax to download but need the Windows version. How do I switch it? I haven't yet downloaded it yet. I called the automated customer service number but the info sent to me in response didn't address the issue.

EbonyL122824
Intuit Alumni

You can follow the instructions in this help article here to download the Windows version.

@agdatomsam

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

If you bought it from TurboTax, contact them directly.

If you bought it from a third party and have a license number, it is easy.

Go to your TurboTax account with intuit and click that you want to download TurboTax with a license number. https://shopping.turbotax.intuit.com/unified/downloads/myaccounts?route=MYACCOUNTS&cgcview=downloads

Then put in the license number and choose Mac (you have the option to choose Mac or PC)

test user

this should be the first answer!

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies