Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Hey TurboTax, We need a new patch that actually resolves the failed validation error code 54 so we can e-file.

Hey TurboTax, We need a new patch now that will actually work to resolve the failed validation error code 54 and allow us to e-file.  We've tried your last patch (manually as instructed) and it did not help! 

When will this be fixed?  I noticed in Intuit Accountants that this was an error last year, and I assume you found a fix then. Please hurry. 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

18 Replies

Hey TurboTax, We need a new patch that actually resolves the failed validation error code 54 so we can e-file.

This is a new situation that appeared recently  ... fixes usually take about a week or 2 to be implemented at this time of the year. 

Thank you! 

Is there a way to determine whether TurboTax is addressing the problem? 

Is there a way to know if/when they have, fixed the problem, other than repeated attempts by us users to e-file?

Thanks.

I just posted this unable to efile issue. It's ridiculous that it takes so long for Turbotax to address and correct the issue. A lot of people are trying to finish up their taxes by completely the efile. I want to move on!!!

Do Do occurs everyday ... you just have to roll with it.   The technicians will get this corrected it will just take a bit of time. 

hawk 72

I agree - they need to fix the issue and let us all know via email that it has been corrected. It is hard to believe that we are not able to discuss with a live customer support individual.

anjr

I have same issue. Talked with great TT gal today but NO SOLUTION! Downloaded manual update, uninstalled/reinstalled restarted redownloaded manual update -- nothing worked!

IT WORKED FOR ME THIS MORNING!  An update installed when I first started out and it e-filed with no problem!!!  I'm glad I was patient (but it wasn't easy) and did not pay to print and mail the forms!  I hope it works for everyone!

To make matters worse, I did my sister's return at the end of February, and TT said it was e- filed. I checke a few days later, and it said it was accepted by the IRS. A month & a half  later, she called me and said she hadn't gotten her refund. I went back in to check the status, and it said we hadn't e-filed yet.  We re-e-filed (LATE) and it said once again that it was accepted. I hope it works this time! I've been using TurboTax for over 20+ years, and this may be the last.

Its February 16,2024.   I just spent over 2 hours with customer support troubleshooting e-file error code 54.  Got transferred and was pointed to this thread which is from LAST YEAR.   Is this a known error for the 2023 tax year.  The link I was sent to seems outdated and I am unsure if my e-filing error is actually being addressed.

CatinaT1
Expert Alumni

You are posting on an old thread. We'd love to help you complete your tax return, but need more information. Can you please clarify your question?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
CatinaT1
Expert Alumni

Here are several troubleshooting steps that you can try:

@rayxerri 

CatinaT1
Expert Alumni

UPDATE:

This has been resolved. Please run an update and try filing again.

Please let me know if you are successful.

@diycpa @rayxerri 

Thank you Catina. I will try again tomorrow and let you know how it goes.

Hey TT.  I am trying to e file my Trust tax return for 2023 and getting code 54 like they did last year.  Why didn’t this get fixed?  This is the first major problem I have had with TT after many years!

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies