Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Hey TurboTax, We need a new patch that actually resolves the failed validation error code 54 so we can e-file.

Just tried again.  No error 54.  Trust return successfully transmitted!  Too bad I had to spend over 2 1/2 hours troubleshooting with TT tech support on an issue that was not ever going to be fixable despite all the steps thy had me take.  There's got to be a better way to identify system wide problems in advance to prevent wasting precious time for all involved! 

johl
Level 1

Hey TurboTax, We need a new patch that actually resolves the failed validation error code 54 so we can e-file.

As of today 02/22/24 2023 tax efiling got an error - Failed Validation ~update,,,which I did many times still getting same error please help

Why is this so difficult to create software to e-file correctly?!? It is the same thing year after year.

None of the advice that you provided has worked.  Still getting failed validation error. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies