Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Help!! Turbotax stopped working error message

Same issue here.  I was able to file my taxes, but I always use the current year TT to do an estimate or next year's taxes.  When you try to edit an entry it stops working.  I tried a new file and it stopped working.  I uninstalled and reinstalled - no change.  Win 7 here too.  

Same issue here - thanks for posting in the forum.  Will keep checking this chain for any solutions.  The company definitely needs to address this - we purchased the product and it is now not working.

Frustrated!!! Used this product for years and this is the crap I have to put up with?!!?

Installed, uninstalled, installed, repaired, uninstalled, downloaded, uninstalled... nothing works!! This was a lot of $$ for software that can't keep running!!

Need a refund ASAP!

Is it possible that Intuit has used Microsoft's end of support for Windows 7 to skip testing new coding updates on the Windows 7 system to see if they work?

There is still a large installed base of Windows 7 users—perhaps 1 in every 6 PCs still runs Windows 7.

Hopefully, Intuit will fix this bug soon and include it in its next automatic update.

crashid01

Loaded software on Windows 10 computer (not mine) and it works. Obviously need it to work on Windows 7 since it's not my computer.

Need fix ASAP!!!

crashid01

2018 not working either!! 

CL36
Level 1

I am also encountering this issue on Windows 7 -- this started recently (likely with one the of the latest TurboTax updates), as I did not have this issue when I last worked on my taxes a few weeks back. 

I tried all the suggested solution from both TurboTax and Microsoft and none worked; it seems we'll need a bug fix from Intuit.

KL58

Today is 5/17/2020 - I am experiencing same error message.  Any news from intuit "turbotax"  or approx date on when this issue will be resolved?

Yes it was the result of a Intuit Software Update, I have the same problem.

Yes we need a fix ASAP for APPCRASH that occurs after Intuit software update, the product is now unusable to do taxes.

Thanks for posting!  I am also having that same problem.  It just started this weekend so I believe you are correct that it is related to a TT update.  I'm also running Win7 but TT was working fine before this weekend (5/17/20).  I tried uninstalling and reinstalling but that did not resolve the issue.   Replying to follow for resolution from Intuit.

Same Problem here... Please update when fixed

I installed Turbotax Premier on a Windows 10 machine, imported my tax file and everything works.  Tried again on Windows 7 and it does not work - even tried using the updated file from Windows 10.  Assuming security risks, and not being able to use a defective product are not the same thing.  Lots of Windows 7 users.

This issue just started with an update on Friday so until the tech team works on the fix (if they will) then nothing can be done ... time will tell ...  https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/tax-topics/help/windows-7-end-of-support-impact-for-turbotax/01/85...

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies