Solved: Re: Hello, Does filing through TurboTax provide th...

dgrace5454

Hello, Does filing through TurboTax provide the IRS with my direct deposit and updated mailing address info? Asking due to incoming stimulus payments.

LeonardS

Yes, when you file with TurboTax and select direct deposit your banking information and address on your tax return is provided to the IRS.

LeonardS

djguitar

Can you still provide direct deposit information to the IRS through Turbo Tax even if you aren't receiving a refund?

DeanM15

No, if you do not have a refund, the direct deposit information will not be transferred to the forms and will not be transmitted to the IRS. 

@djguitar

iluvlites

I did not see the option to provide my direct deposit information.  Can I do this with Turbo Tax retroactively?

iluvlites

How do I update my direct deposit information with the IRS?

LeonardS

Yes, when you file your tax return with TurboTax the IRS will update you mailing address and direct deposit information from the information on your tax return.

@iluvlites wrote:

https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/economic-impact-payments-what-you-need-to-know

The IRS does not have my direct deposit information. What can I do?

In the coming weeks, Treasury plans to develop a web-based portal for individuals to provide their banking information to the IRS online, so that individuals can receive payments immediately as opposed to checks in the mail.

dgbruzzi

Hello, if I filed through TT and got a refund deposited last year, the IRS should have my bank info, right?

@dgbruzzi wrote:

That is correct.

montezd1998

I dont have bank account I use the turbo tax card tht has a account number bank info on there will the stimulus pay go to that?

DMarkM1

As of now the IRS is only sending the stimulus payments by mailing a check or as a direct deposit to a bank account not a card account. Here is a page to monitor for updates.   

montezd1998

Im still confused when I filed my taxes through turbo tax they sent me a debit card then  a week later deposited  my refund like that so are yu saying the stimulus check won't do that? It has bank info and all tht on there when I ask for it and I can use the card to receive checks from my job

DavidD66

"We are still waiting for IRS guidance regarding updating or providing direct deposit information for the stimulus payments and how they will be distributed to these type of accounts. We will have more information once the government finalizes the details.
In the meantime, you can visit the following links for the most recent updates: IRS Coronavirus Tax ReliefTurboTax Corona Virus Tax Center Updates "

If you would like to change your banking information, you can do so by going to:  TurboTax Coronavirus Tax Center: 2020 Stimulus

[Edited 04-08-2020]

kinman0628

Does the IRS have your banking info if you paid your fees with your refund?