Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Having trouble filing state return by efile?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

9 Replies
DaraLO
Intuit Alumni

Can you provide more detail about the exact issue you are experiencing?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I keep getting a message that I need to get an upgrade, but when I do it says up to date.n I do It says I 

I keep getting a message that I need to get an upgrade, but when I do it says up to date.

nancy0795

I have paid online with my credit card for the filing of my state return.  I did not sign in I used the continue as a guest.  Turbo tax program locked up at the point after I received the confirmation report and printed it.  At that point, the program locked up and would not let me continue filing by state return.  How do I get my federal and state return filed?  The fee is already showing up on my credit card.  

I am having problems efile. The message states that California Form 540 is not available and thereafter the programs does not allow me to continue with the efile. Just a few minutes ago, I received an email stating that Form 540 was ready and available, all that I need to do is update my software. I did that and I am still getting the same error message. Please help

Pearxl

I was trying to pay for state efiling and the turbo tax just stuck on the screen and won’t go forward to initiate the payment screen.

some help please!

HeatherPLO
Intuit Alumni

Try this and see if this clears the issue for you.  Please log completely out of TurboTax.  Then, in your browser, please clear your cache and delete your cookies.  After this, close completely out of the browser.  Re-open everything including logging back into TurboTax.  Also, you can try completing your return in a different browser as well.  

For further instructions on how to clear cache and delete cookies, please see the links below:

Clear Cache

Delete Cookies

Pearxl

Hi, I want to be clear that. I wasn’t using the online turbo tax application to do my return. I downloaded the app into my computer and do it offline. I was able to submit the fed electronically without issue yesterday. It is just state that needs payment won’t direct me to the online payment process. Would clear cache help in this case? 

thanks 

AkinaLO
Intuit Alumni

What version of TurboTax are you using? Is it a CD/Download version? Please contact TurboTax support for assistance with making a payment.

What is the TurboTax phone number?

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies