turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

spalmer71

Having issues submitting my tax return. An Adoption Credit Worksheet has data on it. Keep trying to delete the 8839 form to file taxes. Anyone help?

This must be a system glitch.  Have never adopted of requested the credit on form 8839.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

7 Replies

Having issues submitting my tax return. An Adoption Credit Worksheet has data on it. Keep trying to delete the 8839 form to file taxes. Anyone help?

If you delete the worksheet and/or form, but not the entry that caused the worksheet/form to appear, the worksheet and form will come right back.

Go to the search bar and type adoption credit.  Then jump to adoption credit and answer No to the question.

Then go to Tax Tools...Delete a Form and find the adoption worksheet.  If still there delete it.  There may also be an adoption form to delete.

Go back to the MY INFO tab and edit your child ... did you accidentally check the adoption box in error ?  

spalmer71

I dont think I checked the box, we dont have any minor children.  There are number on the form.  No way i input numbers.

Thanks for your help

spalmer71

I have followed you advice.  Step by step deleted child (with no name), deleted form.  saved.  Nothing is deleted and I cant transmit taxes.

spalmer71

Found the problem.  Line 9B says I received $3100.00 employment adoption benefits.  We did not adopt anyone and did not receive any money.

I would have never thought of that.  Glad you found the problem and thank you for sharing the solution.

@spalmer71 

There is no such thing as " employment adoption benefits"  on a tax form  so which form did you find this on line 9b?  If you can save a pic of the form and use the camera option to attach it maybe I can help ... black out your name & SS# before attaching.  

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies