Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Ask the Experts All About the Refund! >> Event happening NOW!!!!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Getting Turbo Tax up and running again

I had to remove my old hard drive and replace it with another. I've reinstalled Quicken, which took some effort, but got it back up and running. Now I want to reinstall Turbo Tax 2019 so I can resume working on my income tax. In my Documents folder on my Windows 10 machine, I've found a folder named TurboTax. Under that is a folder named 2019. I purchased a copy of TurboTax 2019 from Costco. I know that the copy of TurboTax I bought was before this Coronavirus pandemic, so do I need to get another copy? Or do I just install this again and point it to the .tax2019 file in TurboTax\2019?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Opus 17 had already answered my question, while answering a different, but related, question.  Thank you, Opus 17.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Opus 17 had already answered my question, while answering a different, but related, question.  Thank you, Opus 17.

If your ,tax2019 File has any state returns in it you need to first download the state program.

After you get the program installed the first thing to do before you open your tax return is to update the program and install any state programs you had. Then open your file. So you first might need to start a fake return to be able to download the state program (go to FILE - NEW TAX RETURN)

Then go to FILE -Open and find your return.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies