Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Form 3800

I got notice yesterday from Turbotax that form 3800 was now ready.  I tried e-filing and it still won't let me stating "not entitled to e-file one or more formsets".  I called customer service and they reviewed all my forms and they said they were all ok to e-file and think it might be the form 3800 that just got approved.  When will this get fixed so I can e-file? I don't want to have to mail.  THank you

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

7 Replies

Form 3800

If you are getting a 'Formsets" error that usually indicates an issue with a state tax return.  Try deleting the state tax return.  You can then go back and complete the state return which should remove this error.

See this TurboTax support FAQ for deleting a state tax return - https://ttlc.intuit.com/turbotax-support/en-us/help-article/state-taxes/delete-state-return-turbotax...

Form 3800

i don't have state taxes. I'm in texas so no state return to delete.  so it's still not letting me efile

Form 3800

OK...Thanks for the feedback.  Unfortunate this particular fix will not help you out.

Form 3800

@alisonfrey 

I also need to populate Form 3800 (manually?). I've filled Form 3468 and now need to transfer the amount to Form 3800 Part III. I'm unable to enter any data into the Form 3800 at all. Is this something you are experiencing too?

Note - this is my first year with Turbotax (switched from a competing product). So may be my mistake/lack of knowledge too. TIA

-G

DaveF1006
Expert Alumni

Form 3800

You don't manually enter data into form 3800. You would enter information from other forms and information from those forms populate form 3800.  For an example, if you need to add Form 3468, you would generate Form 3468 by going to Open Forms in the Forms mode in your return. You would enter information on that form and the information will flow to Form 3800.

Form 3800 gathers information from over a dozen different forms.  Turbo Tax wants to make sure you fill out these other forms thus won't allow you to enter data on form 3800 itself.

As an FYI, if you are using Turbo Tax Online, you will need to switch to the Desktop product because many of these forms require a manual entry that isn't available in the online product. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Form 3800

Thanks Dave.  Is there a way to see what parts the form 3800 come from?  I see where it should go into 3800 but I don't know where to go to fill it in.  Is there any way I can get help on this?

Vanessa A
Expert Alumni

Form 3800

If you are using the desktop version, then you can use the data source feature by going into Forms mode.  You can right click on the number then select Data Source.  

If you are using the online version, there is not a way to trace the numbers. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies