Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Form 1116 Schedule B

i have been using turbotax since 2009    initially print and mail and e filing from whenever  i cannot remember if i switched to e file as soon as it was offered       i see no mechanism in the e filing processing for attaching a pdf  

the answers are now inconsistent     e file with pdf attachment or full e file from  march 11.

turbotax needs a clear unambiguous answer before i waste more time

DawnC
Expert Alumni

Form 1116 Schedule B

TurboTax will generate the form for you @Chaz9.  Check back after 03/11 and TurboTax will handle attaching whatever is needed and e-filing your return.

@cclarke001 - Easy Extension will be available later this month if you would like to file an extension.     Save that link if you need to extend.   However, the dates and availability for e-filing Form 1116, Sch B have changed.  You will be able to e-file it and it is scheduled for 03/11 now.  

Forms Availability

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Form 1116 Schedule B

actually i have been using turbotax since mid 1980s   my digtal files only go back to 2009   

i think i have paid my dues

CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

Form 1116 Schedule B

Please follow the instructions here to contact us by phone, so we can look into this further @cclarke001 .

Form 1116 Schedule B

i started on the phone last week     i thought i got the issue explained.  then i went into this community.

ans saw other people had the issue  

initially the answers from the very good lady on the phone matched the discussion in the community

however this all changed in thje last hour with two threa

1 e file with pdf attached of 1116 schedule......with the help of a turbotax expert

2   full e file on march 11

i will wait till march 11 and check         if i cant e file on march 11 , i will print 4868  write a check and mail in an extension

i will then look back in mid year and try e filing 

a customer since the 1980s will not be returning next year

CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

Form 1116 Schedule B

I am happy to report we got word this morning everything is fully set for March 11, 2022 so you should have the full filing ability on March 11, 2022. Please let us know if you have any issues on that date @cclarke001

BMJRIO

Form 1116 Schedule B

The website shows the eform being available 3/11.

EbonyA
Intuit Alumni

Form 1116 Schedule B

That is correct; we were notified yesterday that form 1116 Sch B (Foreign Tax Carryover Reconciliation Schedule) will now be available for e-file and the forms availability list has since been updated accordingly. As you will now see, it is slated to be finalized for e-file on 3/11/22 and for print on 3/10/22 @BMJRIO.

Form 1116 Schedule B

I updated Turbotax this morning (03/11/2022) then completed my return. Form 1116 Schedule B seemed to be handled correctly. However, when I clicked to transmit my return I got the following error: "We can't file your return because we are unable to locate the attachment at /attachment/Form1116ScheduleB.pdf. Please go back and reattach it. Then try e-filing again". When will Turbotax be updated to handle attaching this file seamlessly? If the answer is never, then how do I attach it myself?

Form 1116 Schedule B

+1 I am getting same message post updating TT this am. My current release is WinPerRelease [phone number removed]

Form 1116 Schedule B

I did the software update today and was able to proceed all the way to Transmit Return Now, but I got an error message "We can't e-file your return because we are unable to locate the attachment at /attachment/Form1116ScheduleB.pdf. Please go back and re-attach it. Then try e-filing again."

PLEASE HELP!!!!!

Form 1116 Schedule B

same issue re transmittal error message this afternoon (3/11). w/ try again tomorrow I guess...

MoniqueLO_
Intuit Alumni

Form 1116 Schedule B

Our TurboTax Development Team has been working non-stop to support e-file for IRS Form 1116 Sch B. We’re happy to share that the functionality is currently available in our Online Product. Desktop functionality should be ready by Saturday 3/12/22. Look out for a new engine update and you should be able to e-file!

@gary15thomas

@ckoehncke

@funolfun

@lcollins22

Form 1116 Schedule B

thanks Monique! will report back tomorrow - appreciate the team working to resolve this one - 

Form 1116 Schedule B

Today, form 1116, Schedule B became available in Turbo Tax, but the e-filing is not recognizing the existence of the form. After I updated Turbo Tax for program updates today.,  Turbo Tax filled it out both Form 1116, Schedule B and and the same for the Alternate Minimum Tax related to Form 1116. When I ran error check prior to filing, Turbo Tax reported that there were no errors. But when I tried to e-file, Turbo Tax did not e-file. Turbo Tax reported an error message. It indicated that Form 1116, Schedule B is not attached and I should reattach Form 1116, Schedule B.

I rechecked my return and Form 1116, Schedule B was there. It looks like the e-filing software has not been updated for the existence of Form 1116, Schedule B in Turbo Tax.  

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies