Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Forgot password

I forgot my password

AkinaLO
Intuit Alumni

Forgot password

To recover your account password, you will need to provide either your phone number(recommended), email address, or User ID

Please refer to the following page to recover your account password. 

Forgot your TurboTax Online User ID or password?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Forgot password

I need to reset my password

JoannaB2
Expert Alumni

Forgot password

Yes, you may reset your password by clicking "forgot password" in Turbo Tax log in screen or create a new user ID.

Forgot password

Thanks

Forgot password

Thank you!!! Password changed!!!

RICHARD BRIGGS1
Returning Member

Forgot password

OK I am really at my wits end trying to access my account for copy of my return

Forgot password

@ RICHARD BRIGGS1 wrote:

OK I am really at my wits end trying to access my account for copy of my return

We can help you recover your account access.  You may find that you have more than one. Many people end up with multiple accounts without realizing it.   Here's how to troubleshoot for multiple accounts (User IDs), and regain access.   I'll tell you about 2 different methods below.

You can have up to 5 accounts that use the same email address for notification purposes.  A User ID may be an email address, but it doesn't have to be.  It might be only part of an email address, or it can be anything at all.

To get a list of your User IDs, reset password, and recover account access, etc., you can use the tool at the link below.  When using the Account Recovery tool, try using your phone number first if you can still access it.   After that, if necessary, then run the tool on your email address(es) you can access.

NOTE: Before running the account recovery tool below, log out of all Intuit accounts including this user forum, or you might end up in a loop.  Then clear your browser Internet cache, close your browser, then reopen it, and go to the link below.  You may wish to copy this link so you can paste it into the new browser session.

https://myturbotax.intuit.com/account-recovery

If still no luck after running that on your phone number you can still access and email address(es) that you can access,  here's another method:

Go back to the tool again, but this time leave the data field blank, scroll down a bit, then choose the small blue link that says "Try something else", and it will look you up by SSN and other parameters.

EbonyA
Intuit Alumni

Forgot password

@RICHARD BRIGGS1, Have you tried using the account recovery tool? I am including it here for your reference. 

Forgot password

how    do I retrieve or set a new password. I forgot the old one

AshleyLO
Intuit Alumni

Forgot password

@Damon Rehl If you need to recover your account, please use the Account Recovery form

Forgot password

forgot password, need to change phone number unable to log in.

Thanks Pam Allen 

Forgot password

@pamallen73 wrote:

forgot password, need to change phone number unable to log in. Thanks

This is a public Internet forum.  If you want to remove any personal info from your post, you can click the tiny blue 3-dot icon just to the right of your comment.   For privacy and security, please don't post any personal info in this user community forum.

I can tell you how to recover your account access.  You might even find that you have more than one account.  Once you are in the account, you can go to the Intuit Account tab in the left menu column to get to account settings to update any information.    I have provided two methods to gain access below:

To get a list of your User IDs, reset password, and recover account access, etc., you can use the tool at the link below.  When using the Account Recovery tool, do not use your phone number if you no longer have access to it.   Instead, run the tool on your email address(es) you can still access.

NOTE: Before running the account recovery tool below, log out of all Intuit accounts including this user forum, or you might end up in a loop.  Then clear your browser Internet cache, close your browser, then reopen it, and go to the link below.  You may wish to copy this link so you can paste it into the new browser session.

https://myturbotax.intuit.com/account-recovery

If still no luck after running that on your email address(es) that you can still access,  here's another method:

Go back to the tool again, but this time leave the data field blank, scroll down a bit, then choose the small blue link that says "Try something else", and it will look you up by SSN and other parameters.

Forgot password

IT WAS MY SCREEN NAME Tina742016 SOMEONE TRY STEAL MY TURBOTAX NOT ALLOWED TO THAT I HAVE TO GET CHANGE THAT PASSWORD ! have to get change it everything stay away from my ex husband family cant do my tax form no ! i need to get change security i pick it please serious ! 

TiffanyL
Intuit Alumni

Forgot password

Please see the FAQ link provided below on how to change your TurboTax user ID or password:

How do I change my TurboTax login (user ID or password)?

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies