Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

DanielV01
Expert Alumni

Wher is my second economic stimulus payment

We have been working to resolve this issue with the IRS quickly.  We are also very aware that this issue has affected clients who are dependent on having access to these funds quickly, and who also want answers to questions they have.  Any delay is too long, which we also understand, but we do ask (though we do not demand) some patience as we are taking care of this.  

For additional information, please see the following links as information becomes updated:

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I agree! I have been with them over ten years! And they have the nerve to say that they don't have enough information on me? That is such political garbage! Im beyond pissed off! I will not ever file my taxes with them again!

DanielV01
Expert Alumni

Please note the following update: 

We are happy to share that stimulus payments will begin to be deposited on January 8th for millions of our customers affected by the IRS error.  We expect most of these payments to be available that day, but banks could take a few business days to process. Payment will be deposited into the same bank account that customers received their 2019 tax refund.

Customers receiving a stimulus payment will receive an email from TurboTax letting them know their stimulus payment is on the way.We have been working tirelessly with the Treasury and IRS to get stimulus payments to our customers.  We know how important these funds are for so many Americans and we regret that an IRS error caused a delay.

Please note the following page for additional information:  Why Haven’t I Received My Second Stimulus Check?

Long time customer, 2019 will be my last.

As of today, Jan 8th, second stimulus has not been deposited in my account or is pending...
I am very disappointed your companies policies and procedures have affected my ability to care for my family.

DanielV01
Expert Alumni

Although, as the announcement posted earlier indicates, that the issue with the IRS has been resolved, it also mentions that it can take your bank a few business days to process.  

We are so aware that many customers depend on receiving anticipated funds quickly.  And while the deposit error did not originate from nor is it administered by TurboTax, the company felt an obligation to assist customers as quickly as possible to see a resolution.  We are aware that for some that is still not soon enough but are working as fast as possible.

GomezAL

On the first round of stimulus I didn’t receive the additional 500$ for my 5 year old child. Yes I claim him and didn’t receive. How can I find out why and how to get that as well as the 2nd stimulus ?

DanielV01
Expert Alumni

With regards to the first stimulus payment, this will be resolved when you claim your refund on your 2020 tax return as additional refund if you did not receive it as part of the first stimulus payment.  This may be the case for you with regards to the dependent who did not get covered in the first stimulus payment.

With regards to the second stimulus payment, please note the following update: 

We are happy to share that stimulus payments will begin to be deposited on January 8th for millions of our customers affected by the IRS error.  We expect most of these payments to be available that day, but banks could take a few business days to process. Payment will be deposited into the same bank account that customers received their 2019 tax refund.

Customers receiving a stimulus payment will receive an email from TurboTax letting them know their stimulus payment is on the way.  We have been working tirelessly with the Treasury and IRS to get stimulus payments to our customers.  We know how important these funds are for so many Americans and we regret that an IRS error caused a delay.

Please note the following page for additional information:  Why Haven’t I Received My Second Stimulus Check?

We are unable to provide specific information for a taxpayer's stimulus status in this forum. However, in a worst-case scenario where the stimulus payment cannot be received, it would be necessary to claim it as part of the 2020 tax filing and increase the refund.  But the vast majority should be able to have their stimulus provided by direct deposit, check, or debit card.

jsw1125
Returning Member

I'm just wondering why I only received half of my stimulus money.

Hello,

Stimulus payments will begin to be deposited today, 1/8/21, for millions of our customers affected by the IRS error. We expect most of these payments to be available today, but banks could take a few business days to process

For more stimulus information, please visit the Stimulus hub here: https://turbotax.intuit.com/stimulus-check/

Thank you for your patience!

strongnaenae08
Returning Member

Same thing I want to know . I have been a customer for 7 years. Turbotax won't help me at all. My first payment went to my turbotax card no problem. This time I really don't know. Everybody is playing the blame game!!!

SusanY1
Expert Alumni

It sounds like you may have been one of the taxpayers who was affected by an IRS processing error that delayed payments.  

We are happy to share that TurboTax customers who were affected by the IRS processing error that delayed some stimulus payments should begin seeing deposits into their accounts as soon as January 8, 2021. 

This update may not be reflected in the Get My Payment tool at the IRS due to the focus on efforts to distribute the payments. 

These payments will be distributed to the account listed for your federal refund on your 2019 tax return.  If you did not have a refund in 2019, did not receive your 2019 refund via direct deposit, or did not file a return, the IRS may not have your direct deposit information and you should expect to either receive a check or to claim the payment on your 2020 tax return.

If you do not see a payment either in your bank account or your mailbox by January 15, 2021 you should claim your payment via the Recovery Rebate Credit on your 2020 tax return.  Please hold off filing returns until after this date to ensure that you are preparing the most accurate return possible.

If you should need to claim the credit on your tax return, you are encouraged to file early (but after January 15) to receive these funds as quickly as possible.  In TurboTax, you will enter information about the credit near the end of the interview in the Final Review section of the program. 

More information about the payments and any additional updates can be found at the following links:

@strongnaenae08

Thank you IRS and Turbo Tax. 2019 will be my last tax return done with Turbo Tax. If I could avoid paying another dime to the IRS I would do so as well.  This has political football written all over it.  Our first payments deposited no problem just days after launch. Now our payments are M.I.A ?????? WHY?????? Makes no sense other that political games......

Everyone has a story why they need the money. Mine is 2020 was filled with a pancreatic cancer battle. Living off a pathetic SSDI payment that I paid into for 30 years and my wife is working 2 jobs. Inflation everywhere but in our bank account. Now when we have a glimmer of hope that our pathetic govt. cares about us for anything other than our money and votes the political football is fumbled. I NEED MY MONEY.   Where is my money?

Doesn't matter at this point however. I think Turbo tax is a sinking ship at this point. Even if they correct it for people. damage is done and people have lost there faith in them. Want to kill your business just rob the working class of there money due. Bye Bye Turbo Tax!!!!!

@lkshaw 

Sorry to hear of your circumstances brother.

I hope you and your family receive relief sooner than later. If nothing else these reviews will forever stain this company, during a worldwide pandemic no less.

God bless you and your loved ones.

P.S. Just ignore the regurgitated robotic response you'll receive soon. Mind numbing!

👍

What's the problem!! My first stimulus had no issues! I still have the same open bank account & NOTHING!!! My family needs this money & u somehow screwed it up for us so bad that I get a "No Info" message on the get my payment tool! Everything was correct for my family & we can't get our payment now because of your screw up!!! It's RIDICULOUS!! My family has used Turbo Tax for years to file our taxes but if this isn't corrected we will never use it again!!! I will make sure No one in my family uses Turbo Tax services! I'm sick of the blame game! JUST MAKE IT RIGHT!!!! 

xis4mia1

I am missing 600.00 from mine and yes, I do qualify for them (already checked). Both my wife and I file jointly, and we have two children. We received 1800.00.....so what is going on Turbotax?

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies